13

We pulled apart, but the only thing I could focus on was the inch of distance settling between us. It is disrupting my comfort zone.

I mean, initiating a hug is a total different thing, okay?

A silent gasp escaped from my throat, when his gaze lowered to my lips. My heart couldn't stop palpitating- I feel it in and out of my chest so hard I'm afraid if I don't back off from him now, it'll probably jump out of my throat or something.

"Jungkook look I'm sorry for doubting you..." I try to escape from him, but to no avail. Whatever I do is useless when he has that gaze and sturdy arms around me.

I look behind him. The other workers are busy eating with their backs on us, too oblivious in fact to notice the two of us already leaving and entering the corridor leading to the back of the store. He brings me to a near-empty and quiet place underneath the staircase to the overhead stockroom. It was somewhere dark and isolated from the sun's hue, and I wonder if Jungkook is okay.

He suddenly pressed onto me, causing my breath to hitch.

"So you still think I'm not human enough?" was what he said before closing this gap between us even more. I could feel his beating heart, alright, it is literally next to my ear now.

Before I could react, a loud cough interrupted the tension between us. Out of nowhere my arms had the sudden strength to quickly push Jungkook away, when I see the manager staring our way.

"Who's there, come out. You better not be fooling around during work hours."

Jungkook scoffed, hiding a soft smirk, "Ah. So he can't see us."

What am I supposed to do? Stay silent?

"Just me, Mr. manager! I'll be out in a minute." I reply instead. I could feel his stare at me, almost piercing through my soul that's slightly guilty.

Guilty for I had displeased him with a question I shouldn't have asked.

Are you sure you're a human? Yet I left out the other thought that was running in my head continuously after, Because your body is like a hard rock that's strangely beguiling.

I mustered the courage to hug him, even joking around with him but little did I know there were mischievous tactics up his sleeve awaiting for me to unravel. What seemed to be a friendly gesture from me to him at first had turned into something more intense and intimidating. In just three seconds, he had me trapped in a tiny space between the wall behind me and his body.

He's intimidating...

Then he brought me to this dark, grimy area- Does he not realise how dangerous he is? I doubt his mannequin senses are picking it.

Going out to the light, I then turn around to see he isn't behind me. "Aren't you coming out? It's not warm in there."

"Y-Yeah, I'm coming out." He said in the darkness, but as I wait for a bit more, there were no signs of him. I shrug, deciding to leave him there.

What's up with him?

i know the pic in mm was super long ago but omgod he looks so goood i cri?!?!?

I'm terribly sorry for the short update, and not updating for weeks, i had exams T.T

thanks for reading~