21

"You're leaving already? Oh, that's too bad. We really need another worker in the place though," The manager says, after reading my resignation slip.

"Sorry, I just feel like I don't suit this job. I lack in a lot of areas," I lied, forcing a grimace on my face.

Jungkook is by my side, his back facing us. He's probably eyeing on the two male workers outside, as there were clear windows surrounding us.

"What about your boyfriend? What does he think about working here?"

Boyfriend...

The manager then suddenly laughs, whole-heartedly perhaps to cover up his embarrassment.

"Ah, he is... Still schooling."

Jungkook doesn't turn back around at what I said, in fact he kept quite still that it scared me. There are vein traces on his neck, and he kept his jaw locked. I was assured for one though, that it's not because of porcelain growing in his skin. I quickly made my apology and goodbyes, while pushing Jungkook out the door, past the two boys who friendily waved at me.

"Why are you so grumpy? Manager-nim was asking you things," I ask as we got out.

"Hmph, I don't like the way those guys are staring at your... Behind."

"My what?" I raise an eyebrow, confidently crossing my arms. "So you were watching my butt?"

"No!" He exclaims, shaking his hands frantically. "I'm just telling you, they were checking you out."

"And you're jealous."

He crossed his arms, staring at me from up to down. "I can look at you all day anyway," He muttered softly, not wanting me to hear.

He pursed his lips with this unreadable expression, and we just walked the way home silently, with our footsteps on par. It wasn't until we reached his shop, and that it suddenly felt a hundred degrees colder standing out here, facing the shop.

"V..." He whispered. I looked at the brown-eyed mannequin with ripped clothes, and I noticed his fingers are transparenting, slowly fading away.

"What's going on?"

Jungkook closed his eyes tightly shut, a hand on his temple. "It feels weird," He let out a groan. "And it hurts."

I tried looking for the keys to open the store, and suddenly, Jungkook grabbed hold of my arm, telling me there's no time.

"What?"

"Bring me in. NOW."

I froze at his sudden command. "How am I exactly going to do that?" He started to bring up his other hand that is clutched together into fist, and I watched in horror as his fist whitens and solidify. "Damn, Jungkook!"

I helped Jungkook as he stumbled towards the door, then using his fist to break the glass. I searched for the lock from the inside for a good couple seconds, finally twisting the knob but shards of glass pierced my skin and I silently cursed in pain.

We finally sat our bodies down on the couch just as the pained look on his face disappears. I put my uninjured hand on his instinctively, "You okay now?"

He turned his head, very slowly, meeting my gaze. But something's wrong.

His eyes are different.

"Jane, you are not left with much time..."

It is Jungkook's voice, alright, but something in his voice just tells me it's not him speaking to me. I removed my hand.

"You need to listen to your heart."

"No, wait, what?" I take in a shaky breath, and waited silently. I surely don't hear anything.

"Whoever you are... Get out."

Silence.

Think, Jane, think!

"Either that, or tell me, how do I break the spell?" I cross my arms.

"Follow your heart; it will show you the way."

What's up with all the cheesiness?

It was not long before Jungkook's eyes blinked and he winced in pain again. The first thing he noticed was my other hand, and I could feel something trickling down my arm. However there was no time to care. I couldn't help but ask, "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Somebody else's voice..." I hesitate to tell him it was in him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and I could only shake my head in defeat.

What is it trying to tell me?

a/n:

"ayyyyo gg-

shes a cat poker"

HAHAHHAAA LOL SORRY

anyway it'S NOW THE REAL DEAL woooo. btw, any more questions for our characters?

thanks for reading xD

(no proofreading oops)