29

{ jane hollister }
three weeks later.

"Good morning... Aigoo."

My arms are outstretched in the most unglamorous manner as I yawned. My eyes stopped at the figure of Jungkook and I immediately stood up from the couch. He was in his usual position, where I last put him in. I had to carry him out of the storage room last week, so I'm not by myself anymore on the couch. It was... Sad to be alone.

There was a short, quick blackout before I could stabilize myself, but I shrug it away, not thinking much of it. I turned to grab my phone which was sitting on the top of the table in front of me. There were 10 missed calls from my... Family. I sat back down, uneasy.

It was noon already, and yet not a single sound could be heard, not a single shadow was to be seen. Oh, have I mentioned that I painted over the shabby glass wall with green paint, covered the broken pieces of the door with uneven metal chunks that's painted red and green, in hopes to shut the world outside so that nothing passes through? It'll be better that the outsiders don't know what's going on in here. Ah. Why did I do that?

At least I touched up the place with a theme of Christmas. Coming to think of it, it's on tomorrow.

If Jungkook were to wake up and see what I've did, I'm probably dead by now. But he couldn't be awake to witness this.

It'd be a miracle if he, alive with a beating heart, could be my Christmas present.

Okay, that's weird.

"Oh, Jungkook-ah... It's today." I sighed, looking down at his arms that are placed nicely by his sides. "Funny, isn't it. In the end, I still have to follow them to get to where I want to be. Terrific luck to be an adult."

I spoke at the same time walking over to the bathroom to get a clean face towel and a basin of warm water for him. "I know, it's time I do my part as a proper adult, so... I agreed to meet them. You'll be rooting for me, right? After all, I'm doing this for you... For us."

I pulled his shoulder upfront towards me. Then, my arms are placed resting on his back, his chin bumping my shoulder. I wrapped all ends of the warm towel around my fingers and I let my fingertips do its work as it made its way down his back.

It's funny how his life is thrown around in triviality, like it doesn't matter. Maybe he was insignificant to the world, maybe that's how he was chosen for this.But the moment we became tangents, our lives are entangled. He became significant to me, and he still is.

Why, by spending lonely days by myself, couldn't I just leave this place, I asked myself frequently. That's funny, since I knew I can never bring myself to.

Where else could I go? Jungkook was also, in fact, my only friend that I could be sincere with. This is the store that keeps us connected. This is home for us.

This place would be as lifeless as Jungkook if I step out of here without turning back. If I left him all alone, everything else I could hold onto, every piece of memory that I had with Jungkook would disappear. I know it, because, heck, the existence of this place is as crazy as it is a miracle.

And I don't want that.

I refuse to think of the possibility of him not returning, ever. If that is the case, then what's the difference of being dead, like my parents? What's the point of being alive for me, then?

My eyes flickered across his face, admiring his imperfect but perfect features, my breath caught in my throat.

"What is that?" I inhale a deep breath yet again, and exhale, and shut my eyes for a moment. His circle eyes turning into cute crescents appear in my mind, and I can't help but force open my eyes again.

"You don't seem to be getting better, Jungkook-ah. In fact, your skin is getting translucent... It's got more pale over the time I'm taking care of you... Am I doing something wrong?" I mumble, kneading his skin.

God. Am I losing my mind?

After stepping into the bathroom again I cleansed myself and changed to another set of old sweaters of Jungkook's fit, since I have ran out of my own winter garments to wear. This place didn't have a damn washer. Neither did anyone open a laundry cleaning service here in Seventh Street. Going back to Jungkook, I plopped down next to him and rest my legs on the lap of this giant porcelain mannequin, though I most likely won't feel comfort in doing so.

Only then... Strangely, had I felt warmth travelling to my skin. It was getting warmer by the second and I gasp, surprised at the sudden change of his body heat and all.

"Jungkook-ah, you're... hot."

I balance myself on my knees and leaned forward to take a look at his face, but his emotionless expression never changed like how I was anticipating to.

Something, most likely my mobile phone, vibrates on the table behind me and I held it against my ear, my eyes never lifting the man's shut eyes. I curse silently. Why can't his eyes open for me?

"Hello?"

"Ms Hollister, I am calling from the Hollister household to remind you that you have a meeting with Chairman and Madam." My eyes drooped. "Do you need transportation or shall I-"

"No, no, I can get there by myself. Thanks."

Not thinking, my hand raises to trace over Jungkook's soft angel-like features- His delicate pink lips, and his eyebrows, oh, his beautifully matched eyebrows. They were yet furrowed. Behind this pretty face was a boy of silent cries for love, the way I see it.

"Jungkook-ah, you'll be okay, right?" It is only now that I've realized I never left him alone for long before. Would he really be safe?

"Stay right there when I return. Got that?"

I turn the heater on high and I made my way out, through the to-be-repaired door. After tons of tries to break the door down for it being locked, I'm stupid enough not to see the dangling keys hanging on its keyhole.

That can be fixed sometime later.

lol @ my attempt to joke in here yehet