1

{ jane }

"Oh. My. Goodness," I mutter under my breath as I take a step back, horrified that the mannequin right in front of me could actually blink its eyes. At me. It stay unmoved, however, when I wave a hand directly to it.

This must be some kind of sick joke

I look around, forcing myself into thinking of all the positive aspects that was to be; Maybe there are cameramen somewhere trying to witness this moment as I frighten my guts out. Or maybe this is a 'hidden camera' variety show that everyone else loves- but the air around me suddenly seemed to be colder than usual.

With no one else around at this late evening, I decide it was best to just run. My eyes could be tired and possibly just playing with me, but despite the little voice in my head telling me not to be afraid, I run my way back home, making sure I lock the door as well before dashing into my room with jelly-turned feet.

I plop myself onto the one and only place I feel safest at, which is my bed. My head faced down, but flashbacks wouldn't leave me alone.

I try to get rid of the thought of the mannequin possibly turning alive-

Hell no.

Maybe it's my imagination?

I sit myself up straight again, brushing my hair backwards repeatedly as they fall onto my face again and again. I finally give up, and after a few long seconds of staring into thin air, I head for the bathroom nearest to my room.

I look into my reflection in the mirror, where I see myself staring right back. Duh. The thing is...

I could feel myself surprised by my appearance. The evident dark circles underneath this set of lifeless eyes, the hollow on her defined cheekbones and chapped peeling skin of pale, frozen lips.

Sleepless nights, including today...
Maybe, I'm no different from a living mannequin.

Maybe I saw the mannequin blinking because I noticed it. His need for attention finally satisfied.

And my need for attention, not quite.

Is that it?

My thoughts are crying out loud at me.

I jaggered my way out, my legs indubitably bringing me to the store at the end of Seventh Street again. As dreadful as it sounds. I take a step nearer to the glass panel this time, forcing my eyes to focus on the two mannequins.

As I keep looking on between the two, my eyes dart from one feature to the next.

I do my best to keep contact with the mannequin's eyes, and it did look back- Of course it would, since mannequins' eyes are never closed. However... It seems to stare right through me.

I swear, something is oddly there but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Something then vibrates in the pocket of my jeans and I fish it out, my eyes still keeping eye contact with the fake colored orbs until I look down to see what has notified me.

I check the time first- half past ten.

A little square of a few lines of message from my savings bank has popped up on the screen on my phone, informing me that a sum of money has been transferred into my bank account.

Again, and again. When will this stop?

I could only huff a single breath. My I'm-not-even-close-to family has made me move out on my own, expecting me to grow up and get over it and then return to them in a piece when I have matured. Their efforts were recognized, alright.

They practically threw me aside and only asked for me when they needed me.

When I ask for attention, I most definitely don't mean this.

Terrific luck.

a/n: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

sorry if its confusing, it'll get better if u read on. sorry for any errors.

thankiew for reading~