9

"It's magical, isn't it?" I reminisce, the image of the seemingly enchanted fashion outlet we went to earlier, flash in my head once again. Too bad I can't touch anything, nor explore on my own.

Jungkook gives a face.

"The first time I got here... I tried to pick up this one ornament that has fallen on the floor." He reminded me, "I wasn't supposed to touch anything- But I did. That was when the shop owner appeared to do her job."

He pauses, as if waiting for a reaction, but continues speaking anyway. "She's this unpopular goddess, or so she claims. She told me I had disrupted that holy place and so she punished me. Viscious immoral, she called me. Couldn't make out the rest of her words... But she cursed me a mannequin spell or some sort... So a 'Magical' place, more like hell." He spit out, rolling his eyes.

His eyebrows furrow and he seems really frustrated, I dare not bicker.

"Okay, okay..." I mumble, not wanting to displease Jungkook. "Maybe one day you can bring it out and show me?"

What if this mannequin break his arm out of frustration and wants me to fix him up?! I ain't going to do that.

"What for?"

"You know, see if it's related to this..."

Now we're sitting on a bench outside the store next door that has appeared out of nowhere—or more like I've been neglecting to see it from all the times I walk through Seventh Street. This magical store he came from is too distracting.

"Oh- Jungkook..."

"Yes, Jane?"

I blush at the way he says my name. His voice soft, yet clear, and incredibly sweet like honey.

"T-That day, you were outside my house, behind a red car..." I find myself stammering.

He takes a while to think. "Oh, that car isn't mines-"

"I know. I'm just wondering why you're there."

It's a lie. I'm not even just 'wondering', but I remain composed as I focus my gaze on my lap. My fingers have started to shake, but it doesn't matter to me, since I'm busy trying to hear some answers.

He finally opens his mouth.

"I wanted to make sure I have my eyes on the right girl."

I pause and blink, his words not sinking in just yet. Then I hear it again, loud and clear. It's ringing in my head.

Gosh, for every single time I think I'm okay, reality hits me like a ton of bricks. I am practically hyperventilating inside, as if chunks of air were being forcefully pushed out of my lungs- I suffocate every two seconds.

Though I knew his words he casually says, didn't mean much.

"Does that make s-sense?" I then laugh, a little too hard, and get up on my two feet. Before he catches this side of me, I'll have to mask my discomposure first. "Sorry, it's time to go. I'll see you around, Jungkook."

I smirk at myself inwardly. Time to go? No one's even there to control me, much less a curfew.

I snuck my chin into the soft fabric of my pink turtle neck sweater. I could not afford to even spare a look at him, and now I truly wonder if it's disappointment or chagrin left on his face the moment I step away from him.

ok so i think most of you are confused-

our girl here is jane hollister, heroine of the story (`∀´) 

she comes from a wealthy family, but her parents passed away when she was 15, and the assets and the family business didn't go to her directly due to young age. she could have been trained since young but she wasn't, due to uncle and auntie's selfishness. she is indeed unfit to assume the role of the managing director and chairperson, to which her father was, before the tragic incident. she is also very stressed as you can tell from the mirror scene in chapter 1.

then she meets jungkook, a human with a curse of his skin turning into porcelain whenever there is no source of heat. she becomes his guardian the moment she witnessed his wink, which means jungkook's life now depends on her.

uh... does it clarify your doubts so far?

thanks for reading (゚∀゚ )