Chapter 21 - Charlotte

"It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew."

-Henry Rollins

---------------

Charlotte's POV

I open my eyes to see a bright, white light. I wince and blink a few times, finally getting used to the brightness of the room.

Where am I?

I look around, finally realising I'm in a hospital room. Ashton stands up and sits down on the edge of the bed, holding my hand in his.

"Are you okay?!" he asks me.

"I'm fi-," I say before remembering what happened. I pull my hand away from his and look at him with hurt in my eyes. "Get out."

A wave of sadness hits Ashton like a tidal wave because he just looks down at his lap and fiddles with his hands.

"I didn't kiss him, he kissed me and I tried to push him away but he was too strong..."

"I don't know if I can trust you." I bite my lip.

"Please, just trust me this once. I didn't kiss him. I lo- I like you, Char..."

"Please leave," I squeeze my eyes shut and I feel his weight off the bed before his lips on my forehead. I keep my eyes shut until I hear the door close behind him.

I feel a few tears slip from my eyes and wipe them away with the blanket. Laying down on the bed, I close my eyes. I want to sleep and forget about this. The doctors don't feel the same.  

"That guy, Ashton told us that you were awake" A doctor says, walking into my room.

"Can't I just sleep?"

"You've been sleeping for a week, I think you've gotten enough rest."

"When can I leave?" I ask, sitting up in the bed.

"We'll keep you here for another day or so. You've broken your ankle so you'll have to use crutches."

"No, I can't afford to stay here." I shake my head and throw my legs to the side of the bed, dangling them off. Oh yeah, I have a broken ankle...

"Relax, you don't need to worry about it," the doctor says, walking closer to me. "How are you feeling? Anything sore?"

"I want to go home."

"In a day or two you can leave," the doctor says, getting annoyed with me. "Anything sore?"