Chapter 19 - Charlotte

"Does anybody really think that they didn't get what they had because they didn't have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment?"

-Nelson Mandela

- - - - - - - - - - -

 Charlotee's POV

It's Friday, the day before the dance. Am I nervous? Yes. I haven't found someone to go with. It's not like I can go with Ashton; he sort of is my teacher and all. I also can't go with Poppy since she's going with Lucas.

Thinking this all over, I could just not go. I mean, I don't think it would be that big of a deal other than the fact that I'm a senior and it's the last winter dance I'll ever have.

But maybe it will be more fun to stay home on Netflix while eating pizza.

No, Charlotte. Netflix and pizza is for the summer. You need to live a little.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Love sucks. I have no one to go with even though I really want to go. The clock reads 7:45 AM so I jump off my bed and run towards the door, grabbing my backpack on the way. I'm going to be late.

Luckily, I was on time. As I walk to the corridors to my locker, I find Oliver running up to me.

“Hey Charlotte,” He says with a smile on his face, I do the polite thing and smile back.

“Hey Oliver, what’s up?” I say as I reach my locker, putting in the combination.

“Nothing much. I have a question to ask you actually.” Oliver says looking around nervously, but before I could speak the bell rang meaning we had to get to class. I look at him and give him a weak smile,

“Ask me in Maths, okay?” With a nod from him I was grabbing my books before heading to the theatre for rehearsals. Poppy, Chase, and I signed up for parts in Romeo and Juliet, but today was the day when we got our parts officially.

It had come down to where every person who had gotten a confirmed part in the play, meaning they were in even though they didn’t know what part they’d gotten yet, had their first hour switched out to be a rehearsal hour for Romeo and Juliet. Best decision ever in my opinion. Who actually wants science first hour, I mean it’s a stupid boring class. Sorry to people who actually like that class, but I hate science.

I bump into Poppy on the way down to the theatre, and smile at her.