Chapter 2 - Ashton

“Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.”

-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

- - - - - - - - - -

 Ashton's POV

                  In life, time passes by faster than you would want it to. You are always told how you should live life to the fullest, and not to look back and regret what you did. People think that anything is possible in life, which you just have to go for it. However, that may be true but it does not always fall into your grasp the right way.

                  You live life day by day, week by week, month by month, and year by year. People never actually tell you what’s going to happen in the future because that’s for you to find out yourself.

                  Nothing ever prepared me for this; the pain, fear and the love that happens when you find the one person who truly makes you happy. No one could have prepared me for a life like this. It comes like a thunderstorm, you only know what is happening when it finally hits.

                  My life was somewhat simple. I mean how simple is a life for someone who grew up knowing what he wanted to do and be when he was older? That is what simple meant to me; I’ve always wanted to grow up and buy a nice little cottage in the forest, and fall in love with a deer that I would name Bambi. Yeah, that was what I wanted to do when I grew up. What would you expect from a 7-year-old boy who was obsessed with Bambi? 

                  Nevertheless, as I grew older I realized that was not how life worked. I would have to get a job, buy a house, a car, and actually associate with females. I had no problem with girls, it was just I was so set on falling in love with Bambi that I had no intention to ever actually associate with females, well humans in general. The forest would be my only adventure. However, that fantasy would never actually come true.

                  So here I am just graduating from college with a degree to be a teacher, an English teacher to be exact. Truthfully, I always wanted to be a teacher. I still had that fantasy with Bambi but a teacher was my second choice I guess. It just so happened that throughout my days in school, I was always best at English. It was something that I looked forward to everyday, and on the weekends if I was not out with friends, I was studying or reading. It was a typical weekend for me but I don’t ever mind. If I had to do something, it would most definitely be something I loved. And that was exactly what I did.

                  It was a very hard journey through college because all I wanted to do was finish school; 12 years in school is not the best but it is not the worst. College was the same thing, it was not the best, but it was not the worst. I prefer college then high school. It allowed me more freedom.

                  With being an English teacher, you need a place to be working at to make your career worth something. Thus, that was what my goal was when I graduated. Yet it was easier than I thought it would be.

                  You are looking at a new English teacher at Oak Grove High School. Apparently, the past teacher had been fired for doing illegal drugs on school grounds, and I heard that they were possibly dealing to the students, which had turned out to be true. Great, I was replacing a drug-addicted teacher.

                  I’m kind of scared to say the least. I feel like a high school student again, dreading for their first day of school to arrive. The only difference now is that I will be the one sitting in the teacher’s desk and looking out at all the students instead of the other way around. I’m taking over a senior class which should be fun. This is the time when everyone is thinking about what they want to do in their lives, most people start thinking in their junior year, but senior year is when everything gets intense. The stacks are high, and the grades try to look their best. Well, the students try to make their grades look the best.

                  I feel like I’m going way to into depth with my thoughts. Yeah, let’s just say I’m really nervous to be starting my first teaching job. I’m fresh out of college, what do you expect?

                  I only have a day until I start going back to high school, well more like teaching in a high school.

                  I was over thinking everything, and I even picked out my outfit in which I will be wearing on Monday. My outfit consists of black skinny jeans, but they are really skinny anymore because I’ve worn them so much, with a white dress shirt, a black blazer, and my dark brown dress shoes. I would have preferred black dress shoes, but I wasn’t going to go buy new ones just for a job that I really didn’t need to wear them for but brown was the only pair I already owned so I’m going with them. I must say, I think I’m going to look pretty sexy. Everyone is going to drool at my sexiness. I’m being extremely cocky right now, yeah that’s not good. Perhaps I ought to try and tone it down a bit.

                  It’s getting pretty cold out for being mid-November. That’s the downside of living in a crappy apartment, it’s always cold and there is no heating to warm my cold body. It feels like it should be snowing, but it hasn’t snowed yet which is kind of depressing. It’s always snowed before November even begins, but apparently we aren’t supposed to be blessed with the wonderful, white winter snow yet.

                  However, this year I kind of want it to hold off until I find that distinct someone that I can share the first snowfall with. Dance in the snow as it falls and covers us with white flakes, kiss as the fragments are hitting our red, cold cheeks, and finally have fun rolling around making snow angels. Then, go inside and drink a warm cup of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows and then cuddle up by the fire and watch Christmas movies. That would be the best moment in my life.

                  Somehow I feel like I may actually spend this Christmas with someone, but I don’t know if it will actually happen. Nevertheless, I’m wishing I will have someone this year.