Chapter 11 - Charlotte

“A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.”

-Ingrid Bergman

- - - - - - - - - - 

 Charlotte's POV

               As time goes on, Ashton and I are spending less time together and more time just texting or on the phone. I guess that I understand because he’s busy and there’s one place that we can actually go without getting caught and even there is a bit dangerous.

                It still hasn’t snowed yet. It’s the first of December tomorrow and then we have winter break in about 2 weeks. So yeah, no snow, no happiness. Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration; I’m just less happy without snow.

                In all honesty, snow is dreadful after Christmas. Christmas just put you in the mood for snow and hot chocolate while sitting by the [Christmas] tree and reading a book. And then after Christmas you just want it to be summer but after the first month of summer you want it to be winter again. It’s a never ending circle.

                We seem to never be happy with the weather. It’s always either too hot or too cold. We all think Mother Nature is a bitch. Wait, we don’t think that, we know that. Mother Nature truly is a bitch. If only I could control the weather, that would be epic and very helpful especially with this chilly Minnesota weather. It sucks.

                So here I am, looking up ‘how to control the weather’ and I actually found a few articles. They’re all too long so I just skip over them. I don’t have the time or energy to read them so that puts an end to my search. I can live with extremely cold winters and steaming hot summers I guess.

                I look at my backpack which is resting on the floor next to my door. I throw my laptop back on to my bed and stand up, stretching out my back and arms. I walk over to pick up my backpack and walk back over to my bed only to go back into the same position I was in just a minute ago. I haven’t even touched my homework since I got home. I have a habit of waiting until the last minute so that basically explains it.

                As always, English goes first. The rest just varies and I decide by how much work there is. Don’t think that I like doing homework. It’s the worst thing ever. I’d rather dye my hair bright red instead of doing homework. Actually, red hair would be quite cool. But only if it looked like Ariana Grande’s.

                The worst part about homework is that I can never focus on it. I constantly get distracted by anything possible and well, that makes my time doing homework at least 60% longer which is totally my fault. Okay, maybe that’s not all my fault. I couldn’t control that I was born with ADHD but I could have taken a pill or something for it but there’s really no fun in that. If I did take the pill I wouldn’t be as awake as I am.