Chapter Twenty Seven-Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus

Start from the beginning

"Well, are you going to tell me why or just stand there looking shocked?" I snapped, getting up from the table the bowl in my hands.

"I-I... I just asked her to get me some stuff..." Tellie shrugged. She looked like it was simple, but it wasn't.

"What stuff?"

"Pads-did she give you those 'cause I really need them, it's Niagara Falls down there-"

"Keep that to yourself..."

"Then why are you asking me about what I asked Louise to get me?"

"I don't care that you asked her to get you your tampons or whatever, although I still don't understand why you aren't comfortable just asking me by now. It isn't really that hard." I replied as I dropped the bowl and spoon in the sink. "I wanna know about the razors."

"I...well..."

"Just spit it out for godsake!" I snapped. "You know I already know why you asked her for them."

"Then why are you asking me? You've never cared about me until you found out, why can't you just pretend-"

"Are you really going there again?" I hissed. "Really? Get over yourself Tellie. I'm fed up with this same argument happening over and over again. You are not going to win so drop it!"

"You don't know what this is like for me..." Tellie whispered. "I-I need to cut-"

"No you don't." I interrupted. "Tellie I'm trying to give you help with this stuff but it doesn't seem like you want it." She didn't act like she wanted help, she acted like a little selfish bitch and tried her hardest to push me away.

"Maybe I don't! I was fine before you found out, now all you do is yell at me!"

"Well maybe if you listened to me I wouldn't have to yell at you." I replied calmly.

"I would listen to you if you weren't just saying a bunch of crap!"

Oh she did not...

"Don't you dare speak to me like that Tellie! You can stop arguing now and either get over yourself and accept the help your being offered or we can go through this over and over again until you get the message."

She sneered. "What message? You haven't been trying to help me, you've been yelling at me as if this is simple. It's not simple Dad..."

"God dammit it Tellie, don't turn around and say things like that when all you've been doing for months is pushing me away and trying to act older than you are!" I groaned. "I've already told you before; this isn't just effecting you anymore. Do you not see what you are doing to us all?"

Tellie just bit her lip, tears in her eyes as she mumbled something.

"I'm only hurting myself." She added. "It's not like I'm killing myself... And I'm not doing anything to anyone else..."

"You are!" I shot back. "Don't fucking stand here acting like you've been doing absolutely nothing wrong Cristell Jayde! Don't you dare! People cut to kill themselves! Thats the whole idea of it-"

Tellie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "How can you kill yourself by cutting? Does that mean every time I get a paper cut I'm killing myself?"

"Don't be stupid." I hissed. "And don't get cocky with me."

"How does cutting kill you?"

"Blood lose. Think Tellie!"

"I wanna go to London and stay with Eleanor." Tellie muttered vaguely.

"Is that so?" I questioned tartly. "Fine. El's flying down here to see a couple of shows, you can go back with her. But its not like it makes that much of a difference. You're still gonna be grounded and not aloud to leave the house except for school. And the moment you step out of line your coming straight back to me."

"Yeah but at least she won't yell at me all day." Tellie snapped.

"That can be arranged." I hissed.

"You know El wouldn't yell at me."

"If you act the way you've been acting since July she will. You might wanna get out of my sight before I change my mind."

"I need pads..."

"Plastic bag."

I watched Tellie grab the bag before stalking towards the bathroom. Slamming the door behind her.

"Dammit Tellie..." I muttered under my breath.

*

I drummed my fingers along the edge of the balcony, my phone against my ear. The crowd of fans was still large, but slowly they were leaving, very slowly.

"You don't have to," I added vaguely. I was honestly surprised at how I could still talk to Eleanor on the phone clearly and still have fans screaming and chanting down in front of the hotel.

"I'm fine with it," Eleanor replied. "Its not like it hasn't just been me and Tellie before."

"I know, but this is like three months, not one weekend every month."

"What's the worst Tellie can do?"

"Do you want the list?"

Eleanor sighed. "No I'd rather not... But Tellie's thirteen not four she's not gonna wreck the house or anything..."

"I suppose so..."

"I've got to get on the plane, I'll see you, in a couple of hours. Love you."

"I'll be looking forward to it, love you too."

I listened as the line went dead. There was no denying the fact I hated the idea of Tellie being with Eleanor for months while I wasn't even in the country. I don't think El could handle walking in on Tellie about to cut herself like I did. I could hardly handle it myself.

"Dad?"

I turned around watching as Tellie awkwardly stood in the doorway her lip curled and eyes smudged with mascara like she'd been crying.

"You okay love?" I asked softly.

"Kinda... I'm sorry...for what I said yesterday, I didn't really mean it, it just kinda came out... And about before... I'm sorry I asked Louise to get me...razors... I really am..."

I sighed. "I get it Tells, but you've gotta start thinking about what you say to people. I'm not the only one fed up with your smartass comments."

"What?"

"If you still want to go to London with El after she leaves you can. But what I said before still goes, step out line even the smallest bit and your back with me."

"Deal."

"Don't disappoint me T.J." I said, looking back out at the view, Tellie now standing next to me.

"Okay... Thank you." She replied moving closer so my arm was now around her. "For everything."

"What's everything?"

"Being the best dad in the world... I love you...I am sorry too...its just hard..."

"I love you too baby girl...and I know it's hard for you, but I'll help you okay?"

"Okay."

(A/N

NICE LITTLE ENDING WE HAVE :)

QUESTION, ANY SCENE REQUESTS? I'M KINDA JUST A BIT LOST WITH SOME DIFFERENT SCENES, I MEAN I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AND WHERE ITS GOING BUT I'M GONNA NEED A COUPLE OF FILLER CHAPTERS AND IF THERE JUST LITTLE SCENES YOU WANT TO HAPPEN FEEL FREE TO COMMENT :)

5

VOTES

5

COMMENTS

:) :) :) :)

BUH BYE

-PAIGE

(AND YEAH THE QUOTE AT THE BEGINNING WAS LATIN)