Chapter Nineteen ~ Big Cahunga's

Noah's POV

"She screwed us over." Analina grunted as we walked out of the courtroom.

"Mom, it's okay." Isla soothed.

"No." She growled, "He could've gotten off scotfree. She's just mad I turned her down again."

-

"We the jury find the defendant, Noah Davis, charged with vandalism to be guilty." My heart raced at the word 'guilty', Judge Mavis banged the gavel rapidly.

"Thank you Jury, for your service today. Court is adjourned. I hearby sentenc-"

"Your honour." The woman with the Australian or British accent interrupted. "I haven't finished my statement."

Everyone in the courtroom watched her stunned, the tension in the room was thick and both the prosecution and defense teams lurched over their seats. Judge Mavis sat with an awed expression. "Despite the fact that Mr Davis did commit the crime, we believe he should not be prosecuted harshly nor should it go on his record." At her words the defense and myself sighed in relief and amazement, I glanced over to the prosecution team who appeared to be annoyed but intrigued.

Judge Mavis opened her mouth to speak, "This has never happened before." She sat there fed up, head propped up on her palms, "Well then, what do you propose."

"As the defense team aforementioned, this shouldn't be a crime. Mr Davis helped bring a splash of colour to the town." I glanced at Judge Mavis as she rolled her eyes. "We, the jury, want to elect Noah Davis to commission a mural which will be situated in the centre of the town. We understand this is a weird punishment so we allow you, your honour to pick a punishment other than jail time." Judge Mavis tutted.

"Are you kidding me?" She groaned, rubbing her temples, "Okay," She directed her speech towards me, "Look kid. You committed the crime and despite not being able to give you jail time, you still gotta do the time."

"Erm, your honour do you really think tha-" Analina objected.

"Can it!" Mavis retorted with a hand up to silence her. "My ruling is final." She smiled insincerely, "I hearby sentence Mr Davis to 720 hours of community service and a $800 dollars worth of compensation to pay to the town for your damage." Sighs of relief came from everyone on the defense side of the courtroom, the crowd especially my mom and Isla were overjoyed. Except Ana who scowled at Judge Mavis. "Court dismissed."

-

"She's still holding a grudge." Ana said as she paced.

"Ah! I don't care I'm just so happy my baby's not in jail." My mom gushed as she embraced me and squeezed my cheeks. "You realise that money's coming out of your wallet right?" She asserted minutes later grabbing me by my neck, I nodded in fear.

"I had the jury by their necks, he could've gotten paid for just being at the trial. If she was in a good mood she would've let him go." Ana tutted.

The Bad Boy Got Me Arrested #weneeddiversebooks [HIATUS CAUSE OF SCHOOL]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara