Chapter Six ~ Poop Tarts.

"Now we're even." Noah said bursting out into laughter making my face flush in anger. "Say cheese!" he said as the flash went off on his phone.

"It's not funny!" I growled attempting to wash off the poop stain from my scrubs. "How was I supposed to know the baby would poop every time I made him laugh?"

"Hey," he conceded "I warned you not to pick him up. He wasn't wearing a diaper." He continued to snicker making me scowl at him.

"Mindy!" She popped her head round the bathroom door, "Do you have any other pants I can wear?" I moped.

"Yeah, go down to Angelique-" she said as she strolled in.

"No! No, it's fine." I cried warily causing her to mutter 'khun ba' you're crazy in Thai as she walked out. I scrubbed the stain as hard as I could with the blue paper towels from the dispenser as Noah stood there much more interested in his phone. "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to help me?" I questioned.

"That would mean I'd have to touch you..." He cringed causing my face to drop in annoyance. I flushed the paper towels down the toilet and walked out, causing Noah to follow, "Oh come on Lilo," Lilo? "Don't poop on the party." He said winking making me stare at him with a blank expression.

I was about to make a comeback before Mindy announced, "Time for lunch!"

"Thank the Lord." I whispered to myself and proceeded to go out of the room but was soon stopped by a hand pressed onto my face.

"Not you. Not yet," the hand was Mindy's. Pushing me back into the room she continued, "You have to go take children order: choices are chicken, egg, jam, butter, ham or ham and cheese." She nudged a clipboard into my chest. "Take the pretty boy with you." I huffed in defeat as I glanced over to Noah who was still chuckling at the photo; I rolled my eyes discreetly but took the clipboard from her hands.

"Come on." I said as I walked over to him, "we have to give the kids sandwiches. Go push the cart."

He crossed his arms, "why do I have to push the cart?"

"Because it's heavy?" I said creasing my brows in confusion.

"So because I'm a man I should do the heavy lifting? I thought you were better than that Lilo." He finished with a 'hmmph' and slipped the clipboard out of my hands, "you go push the cart." I rubbed my temples in frustration but went to go push it anyways.

The cart was filled to the brim with bottles of water and sandwiches, one of its wheels were broken so I had to push and hold it a certain way to prevent it from falling. We reached the first few patients and Noah put on silly voices to ask the children what they would like, it made me smile to myself at how good he was with children even if he had just spent the last two hours annoying me. "Willow." I snapped out of my daydreams when he called my name.

"Yes?"

"We saved the best for last; the duchess would like a ham and cheese." He stated raising his eyebrow.

"What?" I replied confused, in response he gestured to a five year old with chestnut coloured hair, I narrowed my eyes as I passed the sandwich and a bottle of water; "if she's a duchess does that make you a peasant?"

"Pfft no, I'm too good-looking for that." He retorted pompously running his fingers through his hair.

"He's my husband." The girl uttered with a lisp smiling as she pulled Noah into her arms to hug him, he smiled sweetly and snuggled into her neck.

"Pretty boy and tree, time for you to have lunch!" Mindy hollered. "You get your lunch from cafeteria."

"Let's go Lilo, maybe they'll have poop tarts in the cafeteria." Noah said cheerfully as he got up from the girls bed making me flick his shoulder, "bye Rebecca." He blew a kiss to her which she caught and placed on her lips.

*~*~*~*

We finished our shift at around five and walked home together, my mom insisted on picking us up but I refused knowing it was just an excuse to stare at the two of us together. A new set of children came in after we had finished our lunch but most of them were still knocked out from their anaesthesia so we didn't have to do much. We walked silently side by side through the park which lead to our houses; eventually the silence became too awkward so I had to make conversation "So are you going to Garret's party today?" I asked breaking the tension.

"Nah, I have to stay home and babysit. The guys are going though." He replied as he kicked a stone across the path.

"You'd rather stay at home babysitting than go to a party with girls, alcohol and music?" I snorted.

"I have a girlfriend," Sadly. "And she's at a swim meet, if I'm drunk I won't be able to control myself." I couldn't hold back the awes that were spiralling in my head.

"That's so sweet." He stared at me like I was a weirdo.

"I'd want her to do the same thing you know?" He said scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Yeah, I understand." Silence crept up on us once more but was soon broken by Noah.

"So what about you Lilo, anyone in mind?" He asked effortlessly, it took all my strength not to clamour the words yes.

"No.."

"You realise you're blushing right?"

"No."

"Yes you are," He sang as he jabbed my arm with his elbow repeatedly, he stopped me as we came to a bench and sat me down "who is he?" Noah continued as he propped up his head with his hands.

"No."

"Tell me or I'll continue to annoy you for the rest of week." I grinded my teeth as I attempted to make an image in my mind of anyone but Noah. 

"You're like a hyperactive twelve year old girl." I rolled my eyes.

"So I've been told. Continue."

A long pause filled with death stares followed before I started, "Fine. He's erm 5ft 11, has blue eyes and chocolate brown hair but that's all I'm saying."

"Tyler?" Noah asked making a confused face. I held my breath in holding back all temptation to blurt out the truth.

"How did you know.." I huffed out in exasperation. He got up swiftly from the bench and dragged me with him, I staggered as we continued walking.

"You can double date with me and Sienna, I'll set it up. How's Wednesday?" He rushed making me glare at him. I was starting to think he was a girl trapped in a muscly athletic body.

"Lovely." I said through gritted teeth.

*~*~*~*

Authors Note: short chapter today, hope it wasn't too boring. Next chapter will be the party and I have a LOT planned for it as well as Willow's double date in the next.

- please comment and vote, if you love the story please help promote it!xo

- picture at the top is who plays Isaac, Gregg Sulkin.

- chapter dedicated to moonxriver because she made the most amazinggggg cover for me! Cant express how thankful I am xox

- Busayo❤️xo