Chapter Ten ~ Can We Keep The Money...

*NOAH'S POV*
A million things raced through my mind as I was running. Why was I running? What kind of coward runs from a situation like that. It's vandalism not murder. The question that kept stirring in my mind was.

"How could I do that to Willow?" I hissed at myself, punching a nearby wall. The punches no longer hurt, not after the last ten anyway. They couldn't anyway, the rage within me had blocked out all emotions.

The rage blocked out all my thinking. Instead of going home or calling someone, I just sat there... In the middle of nowhere. I sat there with my head in my knees whispering to myself.

"Lilo."

*~*~*~*

*WILLOW'S POV*

A million things raced through my mind as I sat at the back of the dingy cop car. I tried to stay as silent as I could, using all my strength to pretend the last forty minutes hadn't happened.

I distracted myself with thoughts about the weather and how pretty the sky looked at midnight. How the stars twinkled in the sky, splashing the sky with specks of white like it was an indigo blue canvas. I thought about Layla and how she gagged at the mention of the word 'carrots'; I daydreamed about the day Ava was born and how she burped in my face when I first held her. I thought about my father, who used to lift me up on his shoulders whenever we used to walk through the park.

I remembered memories about my kooky mother who would always make it her job to make me laugh whenever I was upset and I weeped.

Oh I weeped.

Realising she was the one person who could make this situation seem any less painful. And when I wasn't weeping about her... I was weeping about.

"Noah." I whispered to myself as tears dropped from my cheeks. His name hit me like a thousand lashes. The times I wasn't weeping I looked like I was in a trance; I glanced at myself through the cop's rear view mirror but winced every time I saw my reflection. My eyes were puffy and my hair was tousled from previously being woken up. The paleness in my skin highlighted how red my eyes were as well as the chubbiness in my cheeks.

The first few minutes of being in the car were filled with fear and tears. Those tears soon turned into anger... Anger at Noah. Anger at the cop for busting us. Anger at Sienna. But also anger at myself. It was hard to tell who the rage was directed at.

The minutes leading up to us arriving at the station, I was emotionless...

I no longer felt nothing except numbness.

I no longer had the ability to think nor do anything. What was the use? It was hopeless.

When we arrived at the station the officer opened my door to let me out but I wouldn't move. All I could do was stare at him; he must've saw the emptiness in my eyes because his scowl softened. He slid me over and helped lift me onto my feet, I held in the urge to cry when he handcuffed me again. I trudged into the station and he sat me down at a desk. "Young lady can you tell me your name?" I stayed quiet. After a pause he asked, "how old are you?" I gave him a blank stare then averted my gaze back onto the floor.

He laid his hands on top of each other's and cleared his throat, "it's clear from your outfit that you weren't planning on being arrested." I crossed my arms, looking at the officer and raised my eyebrow giving him a look that said 'no shit Sherlock.' He continued, "if you talk now I can make this easy for you." I gave him a blank stare, soaking in all of his features. His chocolate brown skin and bald patch glistened under the office lights, his brown eyes and creases on his forehead pleaded with me. He was no longer the vicious cop he was when he arrested me. I wanted to say something but the words wouldn't come out.