addendum

dear ava,

i see you've disregarded my first letter to you. that's cold, even for you. didn't you like my suggestion? i thought it was really romantic. i guess it's fine if you're sorry.

anyways, time's running out, ava. you can't just take the pills and wish me away. i'm stronger than that. i'm stronger than you. i'm stronger for us.

i'll come back, you see, because we're meant to be. you'll see me soon, whether it'd be tomorrow or next week or next year. i'll take my time, because i want the next time we meet to be very special, you see, because you deserve so much. i'll do anything for you, even wait miserably and suffer every time you decide to pit yourself against me. why do you keep trying to get rid of me? it's times like these that i wonder if you deserve me, ava. you're so innocent, so beautiful, so understanding-- but are you really?

underneath it all i can't help but think you're sick. you're selfish, sweetheart. you don't care about me or our love, you know. you don't know a single thing about compromise and you just care about what makes you happy. you don't care if you're hurting me, you don't want to suffer even just for a little bit for us. and me? you're my everything, ava. we're puzzle pieces meant to fit together. i can't give up so easily, that would only mean that i don't deserve you.

i'll be back. i love you. wait for me. it'll just be a little while. i know, i can't wait either.

i'll be back, okay? i promise.