death's love letter

dear ava,

you lied to me when you told me you wanted me around, and you lied to me when you said that you loved me. you made me feel like i was wanted for once but then you do everything to oppose that and hurt me. why, ava? you said you loved me. you love me.

did you really think that i would leave so easily, ava? you're just being silly now. don't you see? we're meant to be. you can't just pretend i'm not there. that's just cold. what about everything we've been through together? all the fun, all the memories, do you know how beautiful you are?

your brittle wrists and fragile heart and hollowed cheeks and sunken eyes, oh, i've never seen anyone as beautiful as you. baby, i don't know what i did wrong, so tell me, and i'll change. i'll never love anyone else but you, i swear. and the doctors and the nurses, they think they know what's best but they don't, they don't know what love is.

i'll show you what love is, ava. i'll make you my angel. our paradise will be a heaven that you'll never leave, you see. they'll try to get in our way but i know that we'll get through this together. that's how strong my love for you is, you see, and i'll never give up on you. don't ever think for a second that i'll leave you. i won't, i promise. we're practically soul mates, right? i know you feel the way i do, too, it's impossible not to.

ava, sweetheart, why do you hate me so much when all i want to do is love every inch of you? i will love every piece of you, ava. i will love your everything. i was there for you. do i repulse you so much? do you think you can just shut me out, ava? don't you know you hurt me so badly? ava, why do you want me dead? we can't have that. if i'm gone, what will you become? you're nothing without me, you see. without me, you'll be nothing like what you have been for the past eight years, you know. no one is worthy of your fragile, beating heart, no one but me. don't you see? we're meant to be.

no, wait, i see what you're trying to do. ah, this is why i love you so much. you want to escape, don't you? from the terrible nurses and doctors and poison? you want to run away with me, like in those movies you'll never get to watch, right? ava, now i know why you want me dead. you're a genius, baby. come on, ava. whenever you're ready.

die with me.