Chapter.58.Save It.<3

Start from the beginning

"We aren't in the fucking 1800's anymore where each side takes turns shooting one another." I mumble and stuff the gun in the back of my jeans again. "And don't begin to lecture me on respect. Working for the man who killed my mother, and the man who tortured me to the brink of becoming nothing. You're the last one who should be handing out words of wisdom. You are just as guilty."

He shrugs as if what he's done has no consequence. Oh if only I could give it to him. "I have my reasons. Not that a lowly wolf could understand."

"Lowly wolf? Weren't you mated to a wolf?" When his normal gaze flickers towards a glare quicker than I can blink, I realize I've hit the nail on the head. Josh's assumption on Arabella being a hybrid were in fact true. Her witch side had won out. "From the look in your eyes, she was anything but lowly."

As soon as I see the electricity on the edge of his fingertips, I know I have to keep moving to avoid getting hit with whatever it is he's planning on doing to me. "You are coming with me."

"Like hell I am." Sprinting in a zig zag motion I make it to him free and clear, my fist connecting to his face. Even I know I'm not as strong as I used to be. I can feel how brittle my bones were in that one hit but I don't stop to linger on it. Taking another swipe at his ribs, I find myself full of pride as he hunches over and my knee connects to his face. Wrapping my left arm around his neck, I jump and snake my legs around his shoulder, and pull his arm backwards with my right hand. Shouts of pain echo off the walls as I apply pressure to his shoulder. "I am never going back there, never again." With the final word, a sickening crack reverberates in my ears.

I don't even know how he does it, but I'm rammed into the wall and falling to the floor. I know I have to get up and fast, a snap of his fingers and he's healed. Before he can even lift up his hand I'm tackling him to the floor again. I can already feel my energy fading and fast. "You're becoming quite the nuisance." Obviously Kermit wants me alive or I would be dead by now.

"It's what I'm known for." My knee connects hastily to his groin, my fist attacking his ribs several times. He lands a hit on me, knocking me down for 2 seconds. I know I'm screwed when I hear two snaps.

One from him and the other from his shoulder healing. We both rise off the floor, I'm trying to map out my next move. I can't make it to the safe room, I don't understand why bullets wouldn't work on him and I don't know enough about witches to know what their weaknesses are. And this is what I get for not going to school for 6 years. "I see I've underestimated you."

"You must also see my resilience. You must also see my unwavering ability to fight until I take my last breath. I've been doing it for many years, and I am very, very good at it. The only way you are going to get me out of this room is by killing me."

As if he has better things to do he simply shakes his head, "No that won't do. You're pretty important." When his eyes flicker towards my fists that are clenching he clicks his tongue. Admonishing me for being mad? Damn it, I have more than a right to be mad. "You won't get past me again. I've taken it easy on you up until this point." I have no doubt about that, if he's stronger than Arabella then he should have no issue with me.

Does he enjoy toying with me? "I don't need to get past you. I just need to kill you."

"That won't happen either. Find a new conquest."

Shaking my head, I take a shaky step forward. "I won't' be able to. The moment you bring me down there to Kermit, I die.

"That's not my problem."

Gritting my teeth together I lash out, my claws flying from my fingertips as I jump.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

For the longest time I didn't know how I was going to die. I more so knew who was going to kill me, who would have to live with the guilt of washing the blood off of their hands. Actually there would probably be no guilt.

I never knew what to expect as I was dying.

I just knew that I was going to die at the hands of Kermit. Funnily enough, I'm dying at the hands of the right hand man to Kermit. Things were going well until I lost my temper.

'That's not my problem'

If I thought it would help I'd say 'like father like daughter'. Anyways back to the situation at hand. I'm dying. He's not supposed to kill me, I'm aware but when I'm constantly drifting in and out of consciousness. Two things happen. One, you think to yourself 'how the hell do I get out of this predicament'. That thought lasts for mere seconds as it registers in your brain that you don't. Secondly, for me at least, I shut my eyes and remember all the people of whom I loved. I was able to save Lucas, my death won't be in vain. I fought for as long as possible but he used his stupid magic so he's out of fist throwing and leg kicking range.

I'm several feet off the ground now, my face I'm sure turning an unnatural shade of ugly purple. "Why are you doing this?" My voice is coming out all girdled and broken but he catches the drift of my question.

"Family. I'm protecting the only family I have left."

My fingers work to remove the pressure off my throat with zero to no luck since the hold is invisible. Ugh, so infuriating. "I understand." And I do. The things I'd do for Josh, Riley and a numerous amount of people are insurmountable.

Feeling a gush of wind, I pray to the Goddess that it's someone who can save me. And my prayers have been answered. There in all her glory stands Arabella, her eyes a dangerous shade of lilac, her flaming red hair has a certain glow, and her fingers crackling at her side as she glowers at who I'm assuming is her father. Thank you Goddess. "If you want her father, you'll have to get through me. I am not the 10 year old that you once left behind."

"Arabella –

"Save it." She snaps before slamming his body painfully into a wall.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

So how is everyone feeling about Arabella?

This is only part 1 of the battle. I know I said this like 10 chapters ago but this story is almost finished. I just keep finding ways to prolong it so I do. Anyways, I hope you loved it.