Chapter.58.Save It.<3

Start from the beginning

"He won't survive, not again." Josh mutters, "Not that it matters because your dream will not come to fruition. I am going to capture you Kermit, Maya will be the one to kill you and a special friend of ours will ensure that even in the afterlife you never make it to the moon. You will never be at peace Kermit."

Rain pours down steadily now, I find myself leveling out my breathing. My mate is in danger, in fact he's leading it and throwing himself into it. I so desperately want to be down there to protect him. But seeing as I'm practically shaking, it's best that I'm here. I'm hoping once everything begins my fight or flight instinct will kick in. And I always, always fight. "I've seen everything you've done to her. I've felt what you've done to her and if your pack knew the monster that you truly are, they wouldn't be following you so blindly." His focus diverts to the wolves behind him, "HAS HE EVER TAKEN LASHES FOR YOU?! No, he's been the one dealing them out. Maya, Maya has defended and taken punishment for an Omega directly from the wolf who claimed to be her father."

"SHUT UP PUP!"

He's striking nerves, whether it's intentional or not I'm not quite sure. "YOU STOLE LUNA KATIE AWAY FROM HER ALPHA MATE – KILLING HIM IN THE PROCESS – AND SHOWCASED HER OFF AS IF SHE BELONGED TO YOU! BUT SHE NEVER BELONGED TO YOU, SHE'S AT THE MOON WITH HER TRUE MATE RIGHT NOW!" Josh's voice becomes dangerously calm as he takes a step forward, "You won't be doing the same thing to Maya. No one else will claim what is mine and you will die for even trying."

As soon as Kermit takes a step forward, I know he's moving to attack. "NOW!" Josh yells at the top of his lungs. Two thirds of our forces sprint towards the enemy with one collective goal, kill. Bodies collide together, people are tackled to the muddy ground, growls and grunts are heard from afar. My finger rests on the trigger as my eyes continue to scan the battlefield looking for a wolf that could use our aid. The heavy drops of the water and the gusty wind will make any shot difficult.

Not impossible.

But difficult I'd have to account for wind variation and because of the rain, longer range shots will be less likely. Though I'll do what I have to for my pack. I watch – almost magnetized – as my mate avidly searches for Kermit. The wizard stays off to the side, seemingly bored. Why is he even here? Josh strikes down another wolf in his path when his eyes set on the man, no he isn't a man. When Josh's eyes set on the being that is Kermit. Aiming my gun directly at Kermit I watch as my mate sprints his direction, shifting into his wolf mid stride. I didn't think anything could take my eyes off my mate and what he's about to do. Until I hear the distinct sound of Lucas. Wildly my eyes roam around the massacred field, 2 wolves hover over a still human Lucas. Gritting my teeth, I rise to my full height and take aim.

Once.

Twice.

Everyone who isn't our pack freezes giving us an obvious advantage. Call us old fashioned, but wolves don't normally bring guns to these fights. Lucas stands up and luckily doesn't find me with his gaze. However, someone does find me. Emeralds stare up at me, eyes filled with humor as he brings his hands up as if he's about to snap. "Oh shit." I whisper, grabbing my gun I back up into the far corner of my room.

"Arabella." I mumble under my breath knowing that she's going to be the only one who could possibly save me at this point. I can hold my own but not for long.

As soon as I see a figure appearing before me, I'm holding up my gun and firing. Once.

Twice.

Three times.

It seems to be doing no good. Well damn. He chuckles as he fully appears and grins wildly. "Real smart. In all my years, I thought wolves would have had some sort of respect."