{Chapter 30}

C R Y S T A L ' S P O V

The mood in the castle had gotten tense as the third task approached.

Harry and I would be going over hexes and jinxes every spare moment we had, and as he was getting more and more confident, I was getting more and more nervous.

"It's tomorrow, Harry." I said to him that night, sitting beside him on the common room couch.

"I know. You'll have no troubles, we've practiced so many spells, it's crazy!" Harry said, chuckling.

I didn't laugh.

Harry looked over at me, his smile faltering, only to have his attention taken to an owl flying in through the window.

It was from Sirius.

He had been sending daily letters, determined to get both Harry and I through the last task.

Harry & Christella,

Good luck for the task tomorrow, and Harry, please make sure Christella is in her right mind, don't let her freak out. It won't help.

Snuffles.

Harry shoved the letter into his pocket and kissed me goodnight, leaving me alone on the couch.

I stared at the fire for a while, watching it crackle and burn. It was relaxing in a way, the way the flames lit up the entire room. The way the wood burnt down with just a simple pop.

I felt the need for some company, and there was no way I was going to find Ginny or Hermione for the next few hours as they were in astronomy. Professor McGonagall had given Harry and I the past two days off to prepare ourselves for the last task, and I'm pretty sure the other champions had the same privileges.

Having no one else to go to, I decided to go to Fred and George's dorm to see if they were awake, and I could tell they were as soon as I reached their door as I could hear the laughter of the twins and Lee included.

I knocked with my hand three times, and the door slowly opened, the laughter dying down. "It's Chrissy!" Lee screamed, picking me up and twirling me around. I chuckled softly.

"Hello to you too Lee." I smiled. Lee placed me back down on my feet as I steadied myself.

"What bought you to us on this fine night?" Fred asked, putting in a fake posh accent.

"I wanted company." I say simply. George patted the bed beside him beckoning for me to sit beside him. I walked over and sat there, laughing when Lee and Fred would do something completely stupid like jumping off of the top bunk of their beds.

George was always one to sit out of the shenanigans, he found more joy in watching the two, like me.

"How do you feel about tomorrow?" George asked me.

"I'm sure you could take a guess and you'd get it spot on." I answered.

"You're scared, stressing out, and you're planning on sleeping the task away hoping that you won't have to do it."

"Like I said, spot on."

George grabbed my hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

"It'll be alright, I promise." He whispered, allowing me to collapse into his strong hold.

I woke up to be blinded by the light in the room that was coming through the curtains. I could hear birds chirping, the sounds of book pages turning, and Ginny screaming at Percy's howler for some unimportant reason. I rolled over to greet the girls, only to hit my face on the corner of my bedside table. "This isn't exactly starting the day off well is it?" I muttered to myself, pulling myself up and out of bed.

"Morning Crystal." Hermione smiled, glancing over to Ginny with an amused expression.

"Morning Mione,' I paused for a moment. 'Morning Ginny." I finished.

"Hi. I mean, morning Crystal. Percy! I don't care if you were head boy! That does not mean-" Ginny was cut off by Percy's voice once again.

"Ready for breakfast?" Mione asked, turning her gaze back towards me.

"Let me just fix my hair. I'll be down in a bit." I said, standing up and going to the bathroom.

I stood in front of the mirror, looking at myself for what could be the last time. I knew the odds were stacked against me, and so did everyone else. Some would say the Potter's were getting what they deserved, others pitied us, but me, I just hoped I would get out alive. Harry knew he would get out alive, he was confident in his efforts.

Deciding that I was finished with my hair and that I looked somewhat presentable, I went downstairs to the common room where Hermione and Ginny were waiting for me.

"Ready?' they asked. 'Ready." I replied.

"Miss Potter, yourself and your brother are to congregate in the chamber off the hall after breakfast," said Professor McGonagall suddenly.

"But the task isn't until tonight isn't it?" I asked, alarmed.

"The champion's families are invited to watch the last task. This is simply a chance to greet them." McGonagall moved away.

"She doesn't expect the Dursley's to turn up does she?" Harry asked blankly, approaching the three girls. I froze. "I really hope they don't." I said.

"They won't, why would they travel all the way here for you two?" Hermione said. I nodded and stood up to join Harry to the chamber.