{Chapter 24}

C R Y S T A L ' S P O V

"Remind me what we did wrong again?" Ron asked as Ginny held him up against the wall.

"You and Harry upset Hermione." Ginny replied.

"So why aren't you holding Harry up against the wall?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"Because he apologised."

"Well I'm not going to apologise, she's crazy for going with Krum."

I looked up from my book to see Ginny hold a red faced Ron by the collar.

"Bloody hell woman, did you want to kill me?"

"That was the plan."

"A little help?" Ron looked to me.

"Let me think about that- No." I said.

Ron glared at me.

"CHRISTELLA."

"I said no." I sung, looking back down to my book.

I heard him groan, realising his only chance of getting out of this was gone.

Goodbye Ronald Billius Weasley, you will be sorely missed.

*

"Harry, have you figured out what the second task is yet?" I asked him.

"No. Why?"

"Harry, are you stupid or something? The task is in a week!"

"It is? Oh. I completely spaced." Harry groaned.

I smacked him upside the head.

"This is a matter of life or death and you spaced? I wonder about you and your brain sometimes James."

"As do I, Lily."

"Well, as I seem to be the only one with brains you absolute toerag, let's see if I might be able to figure it out."

Harry got his golden egg out and opened it, a screeching noise coming from it.

Neville looked up from across the room.

"I-It's someone being t-tortured! You're going to have to fight the crutiatus curse. Oh-oh, this isn't good-"

"Nev, It's an illegal curse, they aren't allowed to do that. I personally think it's some sort of animal, a beast maybe."

"Then why is it screeching like that?"

"No idea."

*

Skimming through the contents page of a book, I found the subject I had been wanting to find.

Magical beasts.

Looking through a few pages, I saw something that confirmed my thoughts about the golden egg.

'Some magical creatures can not speak above the ground, or above sea level. All creatures that live in freshwater like lakes and the like are restricted to speaking or communicating underwater, but some saltwater animals can speak both above and below sea level.'

I closed the book shut and grabbed my things, hurrying back to the common room.

I quickly said the password, the portrait door opened and I ran up to Harry's dorm room, knocking repeatedly.

"Who is it?"

"Crystal." I panted.

"Come in."

Harry looked at me with a curious glance before asking what I wanted.

"Take- take your egg to the prefects bathroom. If I'm right, it should sing under the water."

"How and when did you figure this out?"

"I went to the-"

"Library. Right. I should've known."

I rolled my eyes.

"But actually, if you don't go tonight, I'm taking the egg and taking it there myself."

"Alrighty then."

"Harry."

"I will, I will, I promise."

"Good. Sometimes I feel like I'm your mother Harry."

Harry just laughed.

*

I was coming down the stairs to meet Fred and George when I missed the last step on the staircase and fell onto my stomach.

"I swear that step comes out of nowhere." I mumbled, rolling over onto my back, not bothering to get up.

"You know your mother used to say the same thing." I saw Professor McGonagall collecting something, smiling at my clumsiness.

I loved it when people said I reminded them of my mother, it gives me some sort of pride to carry on her name.

"Rest in peace Christella Lily Potter. Cause of death, tripping over air. Would I be correct?" Fred asked, offering me a hand up.

"Maybe." I said.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Fine. Where's George?"

Fred let out a chuckle before passing it off as a cough.

"He's busy."

"Ha ha, yeah right. What's actually going on?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"Smarter than you look I see. Just be patient gingersnap, he will tell you in due time."

"I hate it when you go all cryptic on me."

Fred just smirked.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINNY WEASLEY