{Chapter 20}

C R Y S T A L ' S P O V

"Please take it easy when you go back to Hogwarts Crystal. You're still not 100% better." Tonks said during breakfast.

"Why am I going back if I'm not better yet? Professor McGonagall will have a fit." I said as I took a bite of my toast.

"She's the one who wanted you back. You're not going to classes for the rest of the week, but you'll still get school work to complete."

I nodded and continued eating.

"You know, Christmas is in a few days. What did you want?" Tonks asked me.

I thought about it for a minute.

"The Yule Ball is on Christmas Day, I mean, I could buy you a dress-"

"Did you think I was actually going to go to the Yule Ball?"

"Why not?"

"First of all, I don't really want to go. Second of all, I don't have a date to go with."

"Ginny's going with Neville."

"So I heard."

A silence fell across the room for a short while before Tonks challenged me to a 'hair colour off.'

"You're on!"

Blue, to pink, to purple, to green, to red, to brown, to black, to blonde, to turquoise, every colour you could think of, we covered.

A smirk played across my face as I changed my eyes to red all while changing my hair colour back and forth. It gave Tonks a fright and she stopped for a few seconds before she realised what I had done.

"You dirty cheat." She deadpanned.

I just laughed.

"Alright well, you were supposed to back at Hogwarts by 10, and its 20 past. We're late." Tonks said.

I nodded and stepped into the fireplace.

Tonks stepped in beside me and we used the floo network to get to Hogwarts.

*

"Ah, hello Miss Potter, Nymphadora." Dumbledore greeted us.

"Hello Headmaster." I smiled back.

"Good to see you're in a better state then what you left in."

"Yes, I feel much better, thank you."

"It is not a problem. Now, you may see yourself to your common room while Nymphadora and I have a chat. Good day Miss Potter."

"Good day."

I gave Tonks one last hug and left to my common room.

I could hear people screaming up and down the halls, Filch was yelling at students, and the footsteps echoed through the halls.

"Miss Potter." I heard the familiar voice of Professor McGonagall behind me.

I turned around and there she stood, her hair tied up tightly in a bun, her lips pressed together sternly.