{Chapter 2}

Chapter 2 ~ Human

*

My eyes parted and all I could see was Harry's back.

He didn't seem to breathing steadily like he does when he sleeps, but he seemed to be awake.

"Harry. Are you awake?" I whispered.

"Yeah. What's wrong?" He asked, obviously noticing my shaky voice I tried so desperately to cover up.

"N- Nothing." I lied.

He sat up and sat on the floor beside the bed, pulling me off of the bed and cuddled me.

"You had another nightmare?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Well, the first one was the one I always have, and the other one-" My voice trailed off.

"There was another one?"

I again, nodded.

"It was, about a man. A caretaker to be exact. He well, was killed, by a man. I don't know who. But, Peter Pettigrew was there."

"Did your scar hurt when you woke up?"

"Yes."

"I had the same one."

"Have you had it before?"

"Yes. Ever since you turned thirteen."

"Almost a month?"

Harry nodded.

"Harry, you don't well, hate me do you?" I asked.

"Why would you think that?" Harry asked.

"Stupid subconscious thoughts that I need to push out of my head."

"At least you know it. And the only thing I don't like about you is that you're always the same age as me for a little over a month each year." Harry laughed.

I let a smile form on my lips.

*

"Brat." Dudley sneered, grabbing my hair and pushing me to the ground.

I wasn't as scared anymore of Dudley, I knew he couldn't hurt me.

It was Uncle Vernon I was truly scared of.

Aunt Petunia didn't have it in herself to directly hurt me, but she definitely encouraged it.

I swung my leg around which tripped Dudley and he hit the ground.

"Mummy! Daddy! The brat pushed me!"

He stood back up and smirked.

I heard large, heavy footsteps coming up the stairs and I wished Harry was inside to come help me.
.
He went outside to go write some letters, while I had to stay inside.

The door clicked open and Uncle Vernon charged at me, pushing me against the wall.

"Dudley, come her and punish her. It should be you who does it, since she hurt you."

"Wait dad, I have a better idea." Dudley started.

"Next year, I'll be old enough to try for the wrestling team, maybe I could wrestle with her for practice!" Dudley seemed very enthusiastic.