{Chapter 26}

H A R R Y ' S P O V

Swallowing the Gillyweed my sister had handed to me the day before, I jumped into the salty water, not sure what to expect.

At first I thought that the Gillyweed wasn't working, and that I was going to have to back out've the task, but when I looked down to my feet, I saw they were webbed.

I let out a breath of relief as I could finally breathe and I swam down to the bottom of the lake.

I could hear the merfolk singing, and I knew that's where the object I was looking for was.

It was at that moment when I thought about what the object actually was.

My invisibility cloak?

My wand?

No, my wands right here.

I had no more time to ponder on the thought as I saw a Grindylow pass me.

There were dangerous animals in this lake, dangerous animals I might have to fight.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I swam down deeper and deeper, it was getting darker and darker by the minute.

What I saw next puzzled me at first, before sending me into a frenzy.

I saw my sister, unconscious, tied down to the bottom of the black lake, her hair which had turned a snowy white floating everywhere.

I used my wand to cut one of the ropes, before I looked at the others.

Cho Chang, Hermione, and a small girl whom I sure was a Delacour were all in the same state, the only difference being that their hair was their usual colour.

I refused to leave them all and just take a Crystal, I had to wait and make sure they were all collected as well.

The first to come was Cedric Diggory.

He tapped his watch letting me know that the hour we had to retrieve our 'items' was almost up.

He took Cho with up up to the surface, followed by Viktor Krum taking Hermione.

There was one left.

Gabrielle Delacour.

I waited and waited, it was surely past an hour at this point, and still there was no sign of anyone else that could supposedly be getting the small girl.

Cutting the ropes attached to her ankles, I dragged both Crystal and Gabrielle towards the surface.

I was almost there when I felt myself being pulled down.

Pushing the two girls up, hoping they would make it to the surface, I tried to fight the creature attacking me.

I shot a spell at the Grindylows and swam up, assisting Crystal and Gabrielle up the the platform I had taken off from.

Gabrielle looked for her sister, and when she couldn't see her, she began to ask.

Madame Maxime aid something to her in French, and before I knew it, Gabrielle was being escorted away in tears.

I looked down at my sister. She looked disoriented, her hair silver, a colour I knew was confusion.

Hermione came running up to Crystal and I, wrapping towels upon towels around us.

"Come, Madame Pomfrey is waiting for you two." Hermione said, helping me up.

Crystal was awake and alert now, walking over to the temporary tent that was being used as the medical type booth.

"Oh there you two are. I was begging to get worried. It's been a chaotic day I tell you, with that French girl being attacked." Madame Pomfrey rambled.

After she was satisfied with the state Crystal and I were in, we headed back to the platform where scores were being announced.

"In fourth place, Miss Fleur Delacour. In third place, Mr Krum. Due to his bravery, and bringing up not only one, but two of our items, we have agreed to award Mr Potter with 2nd place. And that leaves first place to Mr Diggory!" Dumbledore announced.

Everyone cheered, some cried for Fleur, and Hermione hugged me in delight.

"Crystal! We came second! It's anyone's game!" Hermione exclaimed, turning towards the red head.

"Crystal?"

She had managed to fall asleep, leaning on my shoulder.

I couldn't believe my sister had just fallen asleep standing up.

But, that's a Crystal for you.

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

There stood Albus Dumbledore, standing in front of the two young Potter children.

"You both know about what happened to Miss Delacour during the second task don't you?" Dumbledore asked, looking up from his desk toward Crystal and Harry.

The pair nodded grimly, pitying the teenager.

"Someone must take Miss Delacour's place in the tournament for the last task. The rule book says that if something like this happened, then if the other champions have siblings, the eldest of them must take the place of the champion of which is unable to compete. Christella, as you are older than Gabrielle Delacour, you must be the one to take Fleur's place." Dumbledore said, preparing himself for Harry to start lashing out.

"There is no way she's competing! Merlin, she's thirteen!" Harry yelled, glaring at his old headmaster.

"I understand your concerned Harry, but it is necessary. We will take every precaution to make sure your sister is as protected, if not, more than the rest of you. Dare I say, Christella may find it- easy."