{Chapter 22}

C R Y S T A L ' S P O V

Christmas morning.

Filled with happiness and joy.

Before Hogwarts, my only memories of Christmas morning were having to sit outside in the snow because Harry and I were apparently going to break all of Dudley's toys.

Because our presence can totally destroy things.

We never really got any gifts, but on the rare occasion, we would get a pathetic piece of junk.

One year, Harry got a tissue as a gift.

The next year I got a toothpick.

The year after that we both got a pebble thrown at us by Dudley.

They weren't the best Christmases, but things are different now.

We know other people, people that actually love and take care of us.

And that's the only present I could ever ask for.

*

"Oh, look at the dress Crystal! It's absolutely gorgeous!" Ginny exclaimed, looking at the black sequinned dress that Tonks had sent as a gift.

It really was quite pretty, the sleeves just showed my entire arm. I was going to have to lengthen it.

Smiling at my small pile of wonderful presents, I wrote to everyone who had gifted me with something, just to say thank you.

"What did you get Hermione?" I asked her as I saw her looking at a card.

"Well, I got asked to the Yule Ball-"

"WHAT? WHO ASKED YOU? IS HE NICE?"

"I think he's nice? I'm not sure. Anyway, Viktor Krum asked me. And in the cutest way too!"

I smiled at my best friends happiness.

Task one; opening all my Christmas presents. Completed.

Task two; getting ready for this stupid ball.

*

G E O R G E ' S P O V

"George, calm down. You're going to end up giving yourself grey hairs. Not to mention a heart attack." Fred whispered to me, noticing my discomfort.

"I think I'm already having a heart attack." I breathed, my eyes darting around the room as I fixed my tie.

"Here she comes." Fred stepped forward.

"What where?" I asked frantically.

"Not your date, mine!" He said, greeting his date, Angelina Johnson.

He nodded at me while leaving, and at first I thought it was him saying "good luck", but I realised just in time that he was gesturing to Crystal, who had started to make her way down the staircase.

"H-Hi." I said.

"Hello. Why're you so nervous? It's only me." Crystal laughed.

"You're the reason I'm nervous." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" She asked politely.

"Nothing, nothing. Come along now shall we?"

"Yes, we shall."

Sorry it's really short, I just needed to put something up.

Izzy.