Chapter 57

"I met a girl! She made me smile!" I sing as I put on my bathing suit. Dean was in the kids' room getting them ready. Stefan and I decided to go out and take the kids to our swimming spot that we went to when we were kids. You know before being a vampire and stuff.
      I hear my phone go off. I walk over to the speaker and pick it up. I see a text from Stefan,"Be ready in 15! Super excited!"
      I just lock my phone back up and lay it down and take back off to put on a muscle tank with some jeans shorts. I put my hair into a poneytail and added a tiny bit of waterproof mascara. I turn around to see Dean in the doorway.
     "Can't I go?" He asks looking me up and down. He sticks his lip out pouting.
      I push him lightly in the shoulder,"Like you would even swim."
      "Okay true that's not what I'd be doing." He rolls his eyes playfully and smirks. Then I see a two tiny figures appear behind Dean.
      "Daddy. Momma." I hear Branson say.
      "Hey babies." Dean says turning around. Dean picks up Branson while Charlie "sprints" over to me.
      "Hi CJ." I say pulling her close. I poke her right on the nose. She giggles. That giggle lights up my world I can't help but smile too. "Are you excited to go with momma and uncle Steffy today?" I ask.
      "Yeah." Charlie says clapping her hands. I look to Branson who's doing the same.
     "Awesome. Let's go kiddos!" I say leading the way out the bathroom. Dean follows along behind me and we make it down to the living room where I spot Stefan and Gracie.
      Gracie is in front of the tv eating pickles and I think there's an empty tub of ice cream. I smile thinking of the times I asked Dean to get me random food while I was pregnant.
      "You ready?" Stefan asks.
      "Totally! I'm super excited." I smile as I watch Charlie take off toward Stefan. I swear Charlie has more energy than all of us combined. But she loves Stefan and Gracie the most. Besides me and Dean of course. But Charlie would rather go with Stefan than Damon. (Sometimes I would too.)
       "Alright then lets go!" Stefan says running over to Grace and kissing her. He even rubs her tummy to say goodbye.
      I turn to Dean and kiss him. He smiles through the kiss which only makes me smile. I pull away and say,"I love you."
       "I love you too baby. Be safe." He says back. I just noticed Dean is still in the clothes he slept in and his hair isn't fixed. He's so darn cute either way.
       I turn away and take Branson's hand. We walk outside to my Jeep and put the kids in their car seats. I hop in the passenger seat and Stefan hops in the driver. He smiles at me and turns up the radio. Stefan puts the car in reverse and pulls out of the driveway.

15 minutes later

      "Wa-Wa." Branson says slapping his hands on the water.
      "Yeah. Water." I laugh as he sits on my legs. Stefan has ahold of Charlie who continuously tries o squirm out of his reach. Stefan and I sit side by side on the bank with the water up to our waists.  
       Stefan speaks up through the sound of water splashing,"This used to be what I looked forward to all the time. You and I jumping in off the dock. Having the best fun. It really made me sad when I assumed you were dead. It really contributed to me turning my switch off."
      "Stefan... I wanted to tell you. But I didn't know how. Like I would just show up and say hey I'm alive and a vampire." I answer.
     "That's kinda what you did." Stefan laughed.
     "Well what was I supposed to do?" I laugh.
      "I'm just glad your here for these moments. The ones that really matter." He says.
      "Me too. Plus I need a babysitter." I punch him lightly in the shoulder. We laugh along together.
       Charlie turned to Stefan and grabbed his hand. Stefan zones out. I watch in anticipation as he receives the vision. I watch as Stefan's facial expressions change. All of a sudden he snaps out of it.
      "You good?" I ask grabbing his hand.
      "I um yeah. Yeah I'm good." He replies.
      "Well, do you wanna talk about it?" I ask again.
      "It was just a vision of the family. In the vision something was after us. I'm not sure what." He says.
      "Hmmmm." I sit and ponder on it. "I bet you we could figure this out over some sandwiches."
    Stefan smiles and says,"That would be great."

     Stefan, the kids, and I pulled back into the driveway where I see another car in the driveway. I turn around to see CJ and BJ knocked out in the backseat. Silently Stefan and I get the kids out and grab all the things to walk inside. I slowly open the door and see Mrs.Lockwood talking to Carter and Gracie.
      They all turn and I immediately put a finger up to my mouth to signal to be quiet. Stefan and I take the kids up to their bedroom. I turn to Stefan and grab his hand,"Thanks for today."
      "Anytime sis." He says pulling me into a hug. "Love you."
      "Love you too big brother. Now let's go see what Mayor Lockwood wants." I say pulling away. We walk down the stairs and we sit down with everyone.
      "Hi Mrs.Lockwood." I say.
      "Hello Abby. I've come to give you an invite." She hands me a card and I open it up. It reads,"With your consent we would love for Charlie Winchester to run for Ms. Mystic Falls."
      A huge smile comes across my face,"Of course! That sounds perfect!"
      "That's great. Thank you Abby. Well I've got to get going I've got plenty of things to do being the mayor and all." She smiles.
      "Thank you Mrs.Lockwood! Bye." I say walking her to the door. As soon as it closes I run back to Gracie and Carter squealing with excitement.