Chapter 6

I have no idea how long it's been.
        Since I found out Gracie is a vampire. Since I almost killed Dean.
        As the tears streamed out of my eyes it played it over in my head. My fingers digging into Dean's neck. Him struggling for air.
        Then the surprise of Gracie suddenly punching Dean out of my reach. Her turning to me and seeing the eyes. Seeing the veins and the fangs.
         I put my hands on my face to hide it. I feel both of my rings run against my face as I wipe the tears away. I put my hands out in front of me. I see my engagement ring on my left hand. Then I look to my right hand at my daylight ring.
       What will I do?
       Marriage. Marriage is a huge thing. But I'm kinda stuck being a vampire. That can't change. Dean doesn't deserve to get caught up in the drama of vampires. If he never would've met me his sister wouldn't be a vampire.
       He wouldn't be in so much pain.
       It's all my fault.
       Dean probably won't even love me anymore. I mean I tried to kill him. Whether it was willfully or not.
        Then I hear footsteps. I stand up and walk over to the door. Around the corner comes my lovely brother, Stefan.
        "Hey brother." I say.
        "Hey," he says. "Brought you something." He holds up a duffle bag. He opens the door and walks in. "I brought you clothes, hair brush, tooth brush, and most importantly, Moby Dick for you to read." He laughs a little.
       "Oh great." I say laughing.
      "Yeah figured you'd like it." He says laughing along with me.
       "Listen, Stefan. I didn't mean for anything to happen to Dean. I promise." He immediately pulls me into a hug.
        "I know... I know you didn't mean to." He says rubbing my back.
         "Tell Dean, and Gracie I'm sorry." I say with tears swelling in my eyes.
         "I will." He pulls away,"We're going after Tyler today. We're going to figure out why he killed Grace."
         "Let me go. I wanna murder that guy anyway. He's a jerk." I say.
         "Sis. You know you can't go." He answers.
        I look down at the tips of my boots. They've became dirty while I've been down here. "What's wrong with me?"
        "We think Klaus compelled you." He said.
         "But why?" I ask.
         "Honestly because you hurt him. You chose Dean over him." He answers.
         "Well what are you going to do about the compulsion?" I ask being hopeful.
          "Well, that's a good question. We don't even know for sure that's what happened. But, we will fix this. I promise you." I wince at the pain  that shot through my head. He says rubbing my arm. "Are you okay?" He asks.
            "Uh yeah. Just hunger pains I think." I say holding my head.
            "I hope your okay. I'll feed you when we get back. I have to go though. I love you sis."
         "I love you too. Good luck." I say. He nods his head and turns to walk out. I grab his arm and he turns to look at me. "Do what it takes."
         "Okay, I will." He says. Then, I let go of his arm and he closes the door behind him. Stefan turns and looks at me one last time as he locks the door.
        I listen as his footsteps slowly fade away.
       I walk back over to the duffle bag and open it up. Stefan brought me a Rolling Stones t shirt,jean shorts, and my black converse. I lay them out on my bed and then I take off my dress from the party.
       I slide into the clothes Stefan brought me. Next I put on my shoes and then I go lay down. What else is there to do? I mean I'm stuck down here. I shiver at the cold loneliness in the air. The pain shoots through my head again. This time sharper. I pull the blanket up to my chin and try to get comfy although I feel the migraine coming again. So I try to doze off...

DREAM

       I feel my fangs pushing through my gums. Dean and I found our next victim. With hesitation I sink my fangs into this blonde teenager. I feel Dean push from the other side. I drank and drank until he had no more blood left. I pull away and look toward Dean. His head slowly pulls away from the neck of the victim.
        I see the veins under his eyes. And the fangs begin to retract. Dean seems to have become even more attractive now that's he's a vampire too. As the blood drips from his mouth it runs down his chin. I lean in close to him. His eyes slowly go down to my lips. He moves in first kissing me hard and passionately. I move close to where no space is between us and his hands move to my lower back.
         I slowly pull away and see the blood on his chin. I use my vamp strength to push him against a tree. He grunts at the pain. I lean in close and lick the blood away. He gives me that classic Dean smirk.
Dean moves back in a kisses me more. He slowly slides off my leather jacket I was wearing.
        Then he pulls away and says,"Hello love."