Life 3 - Chapter 30

I froze.

No.

No.

He....

That's not....

Mitch smirked.  "Aww, can biggums not take that his 'lover' is actually the one who brought you all here?"

I looked over at the rest of the group.

They looked shocked.

Not really surprised.

I'm freaking shocked, too.

Mitch just looked around at us.  "Man, are you guys this shocked?  Yeesh, it's not that big of a deal."

Quentin seemed to regain his composure.  "Um, not that big of a deal?!  You freaking kidnapped us and took us from our old lives!  I don't even remember my old life!"

Mitch shrugged.  "Not my problem.  I just wanted revenge.  Revenge...for him...."  He muttered.

His eyes widened for a second before shaking his head.

"That's beside the point.  Honestly, now that you guys know who the mastermind is, whatcha gonna do, huh?"

I knew what he was trying to imply.

He literally wanted us to kill him.

Something wasn't right.

I can tell you, the moment I met Mitch, he was a fighter.

He would NEVER give up.

"Are you actually Mitch?"  I asked.

Mitch raised an eyebrow.  "Um, duh?"

I rolled my eyes.  "You aren't acting very Mitch-like right now."

Mitch facepalmed.  "No dip, Sherlock!  That was an 'act.'"

I frowned, thinking of the first moment we actually met.  Not just the introducing everyone, but the first time we sat together in the Grand Hall.

I felt...trust to the human.

I've felt trust for him...until...MonoKirby showed us the past....

"Wait, MonoKirby."

MonoKirby, who had been twirling on a podium, looked over.  "Boyo?"

I looked at Mitch.  "Is he the mastermind?"

MonoKirby shrugged.  "I dunno.  I told you, the mastermind was always veeerrrry mysterious, boyo.  I never knew their gender.  If he claims he's the mastermind, he's the mastermind, boyo.  'Sides, he's floating in the air.  The mastermind liked to do that a lot, boyo."

Wait.  MonoKirby's hung with the mastermind for a long time now.  He would know more about him than any of us.

"MonoKirby, do you truly believe this is the mastermind?"

He froze.  "Umm...well, yeah.  He saved me 3 months ago, boyo."

Mitch glared at me, his hazel eyes filled with frustration.  "Jerome, stop interrogating MonoKirby!"

Wait.

Mitch doesn't have hazel eyes.

He has brown eyes.

I would know.

How have I not noticed these past few days?

I crossed my arms and smirked.  "You're not Mitch.  You're an imposter."

Mitch smirked back.  "Uh huh, sure.  Do you actually have an evidence, or is it your 'bacca instincts?'"  He raised his hands, quoting bacca instincts.