Life 2 - Chapter 17

"The third floor is now open, boyo!"  MonoKirby exclaimed before disappearing again.

We all looked at each other.  "Wait, what about the second floor?"  Jin asked.

MonoKirby reappeared, looking kinda nervous...in a humorous way.  "I, ah, forgot to tell you 'bout the second floor.  My bad, boyo!"  MonoKirby giggled before disappearing again.

Jin sighed.  "You know, for the author wanting this to be the best book she's written thus far, she's not doing too good.  Especially forgetting to include the 2nd floor in the previous chapters."

I frowned.  "With all the fourth wall breaking we've been doing, why hasn't she, like every other author in every other book that breaks the fourth wall, called out to us  and told us to leave the fourth wall alone?"

Crainer chuckled nervously.  "It worries me, to be honest.  Let's just leave the fourth wall alone...for now...and check out the floors, eh?"

Everyone agreed and we split up once again, only into 2 groups  of 6, one to check each floor.

Our group had me, Mitch, Ross, Barney, Sky, and Jin.  We were gonna check out the 3rd floor.

The first thing we noticed when we arrived on the third floor was the fact that there were no staircases to the fourth floor in sight.

That familiar puff of smoke appeared in the air in front of us.  "The fourth floor is a secret place, boyo!"  MonoKirby said a bit too happily.

I growled.  "I am so tempted right now to rip that smile of your face, puffball."

MonoKirby fake-gasped.  "Wow, you're so mean, boyo!  Watch yourself, or the mastermind will hurt you for threatening me.  They really like me, boyo."

"For your sake, I hope they do."  Sky muttered.

MonoKirby giggled and disappeared.

I sighed.  "He is so ridiculous...."

"Agreeds."  Barney said.

We looked around for at least an hour before heading back down to the Grand Hall.

The things we saw?  ...Just wait for them to be explained....

The other group was already down there, and they all looked really shaken, as well.

Mitch helped me sit down in a chair as the others stood near.

"So...you first?"  I suggested after a few seconds of extremely awkward silence.

Seto nodded.  "Well, there's a single hallway leading left and right.  We went down the left first that had 2 doors.  The first had a sort of lab with all sorts of ingredients...including ones to make very harmful potions.  We saw no books on anything that had  to do with potions, though.  The second door had a pool area with 16 hooks on the wall, all labeled with names and swimsuits.  At the other end of the hall, there was a single door.  In it, there was an exact replica of the library area from downstairs, except the books were all English.  There were several different books, 'Enderoni', 'Waste of Air', 'Coma', '5 Nights At Freddy's - SSundee, Pewdiepie, and Sky', to name a few." Sky and Ian cocked their heads at the last one, but they said nothing.  Mark flinched.

Once Seto finished, Ross's (Ross'?) eyes seemed to light up.  "I could use some potioning exercise.  Nothing in this mansion is particularly challenging to me...."  He muttered.

I coughed a little, wincing as a burst of pain shot through my ab area.  Mitch squeezed my shoulder a bit before speaking.  "The third floor isn't exactly as eventful, but it could still prove dangerous.  It was just a single hallway leading forwards with only 2 doors.  The door about mid-way through the hall to the left was locked.  The doorway at the end led to a room only a Harry Potter movie could create.  The room almost seemed bigger than the mansion itself.  A parkour room.  The parkour was...somewhat easy-looking, but the blocks were made of...diorite...?"

Ross nodded.  "It is a semi-tough material.  It can hold a Minecraftian weight, but it can be chipped at by a heavy object."

"Yeah.  Anyways, there was a chest of...resistance potions, I think...? that last about 5 minutes.  Ross said that if you were to fall from a high height, as long as you had the potion effect, you'd be fine.  MonoKirby said the chest would be refilled each day, so it's a seemingly endless supply of that."  Mitch finished.

We sat in awkward silence for a bit looking at each other.

Leaning on the chair, I stood up.  "Umm...I'ma head to my room."

I stumbled a bit, causing Mitch to jump a bit and grab my arm in a not-hurt-area.

He helped me to my room and sat me on my bed.

"So...you wanted to talk?"  I asked.

He nodded.  "I think you said too, right?  You first, biggums."

I sighed and told him my dream to the full extent.

He frowned and looked at his hoodie, which still has some dried blood on it. Though his closet had exact replicas of his hoodie, he was attached to the one he came in.

"So my father...was a bacca fur trader...."

"It would seem so, biggums."

He raked his hand through his hair.  "That...is terrible.  It's also not gonna help with what I want to tell you...but I told myself I would tell you when you woke up...."

He took a deep, somewhat shaky breath and looked me in the eye.  "Jerome...I...I l-like you...a lot....  Not as a friend...but...more...."

He sighed and looked away from me.  "I-I understand if you don't l-like me back, but after you nearly died, I---"

"Mitch."  I interrupted.

He stiffened.

I rolled my eyes and placed my paw on his cheek, forcing him to look at me.  "Mitch...I like you, too."

(Ok, guess I'm on my own for a kissing scene.  Oh well.  YOLO!)

He leaned forward and I met him halfway, eyes closed.

The moment we connected, fireworks sparked in my eyes, and I knew he was the one.

The one I'd spend my life with.

After a few minutes, we pulled away, breathing kinda heavily.

"Oh, God, biggums.  I was so nervous."  Mitch said happily.

"Same."

Mitch smiled.  "That wasn't the only thing I need to tell you anyways, Fluffy."

I chuckled. "Fluffy? ...Ehh, whatevs."

He then told me of this crazy dimension with zombies and evil scientists and a girl named Becca who was half zombie.  The details could fill a few chapters of this book.

Oops, forgot, the author won't tell me not to break the fourth wall. I need to control myself.

His explanation was so long that it was dinner time when he finished. I told him to go because I wasn't particularly hungry, especially after the events of today.  I was also tired.

Mitch smiled at me and left.  I laid on the bed, closing my eyes.

I sighed happily.

Maybe...just maybe if we make it out alive...we can start a life together....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M SO SORRY FOR LATENESS BUT I BRAINFARTED AT THE 2ND AND 3RD FLOOR CREATING.  :P

Welp, I had to yolo the kissing scene.  ;-;  It's so bad.  I sowwy.  ;-;

Smash that vote button at hyper speeds, Hyperfans!

-Becca  <3