Life 2 - Chapter 15

(Read Chapter 16 and a third of 17 of TTET to see battle and what happened after.  :3)

Mitch's POV

The mastermind sighed.  "They have completed what they needed, Lucille. I'm taking them back now."

Lucille nodded.  Very well.

I turned to Becca.  "Goodbye, Becca.  Hope you get home safely."

She nodded.  "Goo-odb-bye. Be safe."

MonoKirby, who was in the mastermind's arms, waved at Becca.  "Bye-bye!"

The mastermind mumbled something under their breath, and the world went black.

~~~~

I groaned, holding my head.  It was throbbing.

I sat up to see I was back in my room.  Jerome was still on the bed, still injured.

How much time had passed here?

"A few days, boyo!"

I groaned.  "Why you...?"

I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking over to Jerome.  "At least he's ok...."

MonoKirby floated up next to me.  "The mastermind wanted me to tell you something, boyo.  You're the only one who remembers what happened."

I facepalmed.  "Not this again...."

"Things have happened....  Have fun, boyo!"

MonoKirby giggled and disappeared.

Suddenly, the most amazing thing happened.

Jerome coughed and opened his eyes slowly.

He winced.  "Owwww...my head...."

I ran up next to him.  "Jerome!"

He looked at me.  "M-Mitch?"

I hugged him lightly.  "Oh my God, I thought you were dead when I found you!"

Jerome looked at his bandages.  "...I...remember what happened.  They were whispering to me and their voice was cracking."

He then noticed something.  "Ermm...where's my suit?"

I blushed a bit.  "Uhem...I got Seto, Nick, and Ross to help me save you, and your suit was pretty much destroyed...and...um...we took it off to bandage you up."

If Jerome didn't have fur, I'm pretty sure I would've seen him blushing.  "O...k...."

"How do you feel, though?"  I asked.

He thought.  "Not...in pain, but kinda achy.  I really want to just get up and get some fish, though.  Can you...help me get a suit on?"  He asked sheepishly.

I looked him over.  "I think we need to keep your upper body open so it'll heal better.  I can get pants, though."  (I feel really awkward writing this, lol)

He sighed.  "Just something, heh."

I went to his room and grabbed a pair of pants.  I came back to see him sitting up against the backboard.

I helped him up and helped him get his...pants on.

IT WAS REALLY AWKWARD.  (VERY AWKWARD TO WRITE, TOO.  XD)

He leaned on my shoulder and I helped him out the door.

I nearly ran into Felix.

"Woah, Mitch!  And Jerome!  Bro, you're ok!"

Jerome smirked.

Finally, Back to Jerome's POV for the rest of the book...probably.

"I'm hard to kill."

Felix sighed.  "I was about to come get Mitch, anyways, so come on!"

He walked back the way he came, which was towards the game room.

I glanced at Mitch and he glanced at me.  "I have a bad feeling about this...."  I said quietly.

Mitch helped me walk down the hall towards the game room.

As we entered...we saw yet another horrible sight.

It had happened again.

Another murder.

Another innocent life lost.