Life 2 - Chapter 13 - Crafting Dead World

Mitch's POV

I noticed other Nick leaving.  Seems he was going...scavenging or something.

We know the basics of this dimension, it being a zombie apocalypse and all.

Lucille and Becca were write-chatting across from the front door of the building.

Becca watched other Nick leave, a worried look on her face.  She turned back to Lucille.

Lucille said something and then just...disappeared.  I was confused for a second, but I decided not to question it.  This dimension was weird enough already.

Becca looked back at the gate then at me, a concerned look on her face.

She looked at the ground and clutched her head, her lips moving silently.  Her fingers started tightening, and at that point, I'd seen enough.

Something was happening to her.

Something very not good.

I needed to get someone she knew the best.

Maybe the dude with the sunglasses.

I stood up quickly, almost tripping over my feet.  I was sitting on the staircase.

I steadied myself and ran up the stairs.

Barney and Ross were talking as I passed.  They glanced at me slightly but said nothing to me.

The man was talking with the mask man on the 3rd floor.  They both started when they saw me.

Before they could ask, I said, "Something's wrong with Becca!"

They glanced at each other before nodding and running down the stairs.

I turned to follow when I heard shouts of pain coming from outside.

I ran down the stairs after them.  Barney and Ross ran down with me.

"What's wit the screamings?"  Barney asked hurriedly.

I shook my head and rushed out the door, coming upon a very strange and scary sight.

Becca was sitting on the ground, eating from something.  Blood pooled out from the sides.  A piece of a white jacket with blood on it lay to the side.

Only one person I knew of had a white jacket on him.

Jin.

Becca whipped around, and what I saw was terrifying.

(Next parts are a bit gross)

Her eyes weren't gray anymore.  They were bright white, almost like that myth Herobrine.  Blood dribbled down her mouth, and I swore I saw a piece of muscle hanging from her mouth.

"Oh my God!"  The man with glasses exclaimed.

"BECCA?  WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"  The masked man exclaimed.

Becca grinned evilly and raised her hands above her head in surrender, slowly moving out of the way so we could see Jin.

Or what was left of him.

Shock was written all over his face, as well as terror.  His intestines were hanging from his abdomen, and blood pooled from his mouth.

He was very dead.

So very dead.

"JIN!!"  I heard Sky exclaim.

I looked back to see him shove past the others who had gathered out here.