Life 1 - Chapter 4

6 days.  It's been 6 days.

Tomorrow in the day our...secrets are revealed.

I'm not particularly worried.  No one has killed...yet, so why should it start now?

I had woken in the middle of the night...or 4:30 AM.  The lights all turn on at 6:00 AM.  All these thoughts have kept me awake.

"Bah!  I can't sleep...."  I mumble.  My eyes had already grown accustom to the darkness, so I didn't think I'd have any trouble going to the Grand Hall for some food.

I rolled off the bed and stretched, wincing as a few of my bones popped.

I slowly unlocked my door and opened it, peeking out.  I was still cautious.  I'm pretty sure everyone was.

I saw no one in the hall.  I sighed heavily but quietly as I shut my door.  My stomach rumbled slightly, but it was not from hunger.  I was having a bad feeling about today.

I walked down the hall towards the Grand Hall.  I was pretty sure no one else was up at this time.

I winced as I pushed open the door, the creaking noise was LOUD.

Nothing looked disturbed.  All 16 chairs were still pushed under the table and the kitchen door was still closed.

I yawned slightly before walking into the kitchen.  It was abnormally dark and I could hardly see anything.

Somehow, I found my way to the fridge.  I popped it open, the light making me wince slightly, and grabbed a couple fish.  I turned around as the door swung shut, and I swore I saw something.  I popped the door back open, the light illuminating what I had saw.

I dropped my fish on the floor.  What...no...no...no...NO!  I backed away from the horrid sight.  My paw went over my mouth to stifle a sob.  Tears threatened to pour down my face.

No....