Life 2 - Chapter 14 - Crafting Dead World

Mitch's POV

I sat on the edge of the roof, thinking about her.

She felt so...familiar.

After that incident, I just came up here and thought.

I felt like...I knew her from somewhere.

Not...her, specifically, but kinda like in another dimension...another version of me and another version of her...I just got that feeling....

"Hey, Mitch, we're gathering outside to go to this Keona's place."  Ross said.

I sighed.  No down time for me.

"Becca said, or wrote, that we should grab some kind of ranged weapon.  Something silenced, too."

I nodded and stood up, heading down to the third floor armory-like room.

I preferred bows, but maybe they'd have...

"Yes!"  I said happily.

I pulled out a crossbow, a small bag, and about 16 bolts.

"Close enough."  I said to no one in particular.

I put the bolts head first into the bag and slung it over my head like a quiver.  (Quiver is such a cool word to me.  I don't know why.  :D)

I held onto the crossbow as I made my way outside.

Ross was already outside with everyone else.

Most of...I suppose my crew, had pistols of some sort.  Seto didn't have a gun, though.  I think he was gonna use his magic.

Becca was standing in front of the gates outside them.  Red stood next to her, though he was still cuffed.  Guess they still didn't trust him quite yet.

MonoKirby, who I just realized I hadn't seen in a while, was sitting on Becca's shoulder.

She seem to be mostly ignoring him, but sometimes she would look at him, causing him to almost fall off.

Becca wrote something in her book and showed it to Nick.  Her Nick.

He turned to us.  "You all ready to go?"

Some nodded and some said yeah.

Becca wrote and showed it to Red.  He nodded and started walking.  Becca put the book back in the backpack that she had on and grabbed MonoKirby, holding him tight to her chest like she was protecting him.

Nobody seemed to notice it.  We all just started following Red.

I ran up next to Becca.  "Why are you holding him like that?"

She looked at me then down at him.  She held him out in front of her and he flew up, allowing her to grab her book.

'Umm...habit, I guess.  Back in my dimension, I have a stuffed Kirby his exact size that's pink and freaking adorable.  I like to hold him at night and sleep with it.  He seems crazy, but he's still plushy.'

MonoKirby read what she wrote and giggled his creepy giggle.  "You treat me almost the exact same way as the mastermind, boyo!"

She looked like she was pondering something.  'MonoKirby, do you know what the mastermind looks like?'

MonoKirby shook his head...body.  "They never take off their cloak.  I don't even know if it's a boy or girl, boyo!  I just trust them because they saved my life."

"From this King Dedede?"  I asked.

MonoKirby nodded and flew back down into Becca's arms, allowing her to hug him again.

We continued on in mostly silence.

Red was muttering to himself.  Something about Kam, his friend, I think.

Becca kept placing her head on MonoKirby's and then taking it back off and then putting it back on and so forth every few minutes.

Ian and Crainer kept snickering about something.  Who knew about what.

Sub kept drawing in his notebook and Seto was juggling a purple fireball between his hands.

Our Nick, who I kept forgetting to say that the only way we associated the difference between him and other Nick is that other Nick had a military-like vest on, was messing with his gun...in a safeish way.

Everyone else was just silent.

After about 15 minutes, Red stopped about 30 blocks away from a building with the word Minekea on it.

He turned to us.  "This is her base."

Becca looked shocked.  She released MonoKirby and pulled out her book, writing something in it and showing it to him.

Red smiled sheepishly.  "Uhh...yeaaa...where you were supposed to take them and her base are the same place.  She wanted to make transfer easier."

Becca shook her head in exasperation and replaced her book in her bag, pulling out a katana.

Everyone readied their weapons and entered the building.

"If Keona's the person I think she is, she'll have them where I put...him...."  Red said.

Other Nick sighed.  "Jordan...."

When we finally reached the top floor, 2 figures appeared in our path before floating to the sides.

One was Lucille, and she looked a little nervous.

The other was the mastermind, who was still cloaked.

"Why are you 2 here?"  Other Nick asked.

I'm here to make sure the mastermind does ONLY what they need to do.  Lucille said, eyeing the mastermind.

"I'm just here to transport my subjects back once this is all over.  Also, transporting the dead ones.  They'll be fine."  The mastermind spoke, their voice still sounding like mine.

"Ahhh, mastermind, boyo!"  MonoKirby said happily, jumping from Becca's arms and into the mastermind's.

The mastermind chuckled as they hugged MonoKirby.  "Ahhh, MonoKirby, there you are!  I was wondering where you went."

We saw the doorway at the end of the hallway that lead to a huge room with a stage.

On the stage were 3 chairs with people in them.

Becca's friends, I was guessing.

We all looked at each other.

"I'll take point."  Our Nick said.

He readied his pistol and went in front of us.  We followed behind him, Red directly behind him, followed by Becca and Lucille and the mastermind, then us.

A pop sounded, and Red jumped back as Nick fell backwards, his pistol clattering to the floor.

Becca rushed forward and checked him.  She shook her head and stood up.

The mastermind placed their hand on Nick's head, and I got a glimpse of a hole in his chest before he disappeared.

Becca went in first, and the 2 floaters flew into the corners of the seemingly empty room besides the 3 on the stage.

We all walked in and stood near the door, Becca being the one farthest into the room.

She seemed frozen as a woman, maybe 17 or 18, walked in from the right side of the stage.

She was holding a pistol in her left hand and a katana in her right.

She laughed evilly before saying in a strange voice,  "LeT's tangO."

And then there was chaos.