Weredragons and Drunk Fiancés

"So do you think your kid will go Berserk?" Bludgeon asked Dagur as the family ate. They had decided to hold the feat of welcome in Dagur's home for Kari to see it and get familiar with it.

"Go Berserk?" Kari asked looking up from her chicken.

"Yeah it's something that happens to a Berserker in their teenage years when their brains are developing." Renitita explained. "When I snapped I ate all the cakes and pastries, overturned some furniture and decapitated eight frogs."

"I dug a fifteen foot hole once with my bare hands, destroyed some property and jumped off a cliff when I cracked." Bludgeon said proudly.

"What do you think your kids symptoms will be?" Renitia's father asked Dagur. "I recall reading somewhere that your wife's bloodline has some Berserker in it so maybe she has it in her still and your children will inherit it."

"Uh....well....I'm not sure because I've never seen her go Berserk in all the years I've known her." Dagur said glancing at Kari.

"I actually went Berserk once." Kari said with a shrug and went back to carving her chicken.

"Wait really?" Dagur asked looking shocked. "When did this happen?"

"It happened when I was about twelve years old. I woke up one night feeling itchy and then something in me just snapped. I didn't know what happened but when I woke up the next morning I was in the woods naked and covered in mud and blood all over my mouth." Kari explained. "My brother said my room was a total mess; books were on the floor, drawings were all shredded and my bed was broken in half. And in the sheep farm there were two dead sheep all shredded up with my footprints near it. Had to be locked up for a week before my father decided I was not going to go nuts."

"So you basically destroyed your room, tore up your clothes and killed two sheep?" Renitia said counting off each action on her fingers. "Man you really went nuts, I think your kid might go crazier than Dagur!"

"Tell us how you got that Skrill!" One of Bludgeon's younger siblings yelled from the kid table.

"Yeah tell!" Another kid yelled and so did the rest of the children."

"You sure you wanna hear it?" Kari asked. "Because it could probably be very boring to all of you guys."

"It wasn't boring to me, tell them how you and Striker bonded." Dagur urged her gently and some of the other Vikings started chanting.

"Alright, alright don't get your tunics twisted so tightly." Kari said waving her hands to calm them down.

As Kari retold the story with more detail she noticed a young girl at the opposite end of the table. She had black shoulder length hair and was playing with her food. She could feel a tingle in her spine that started to become sort of itchy, and from what she had read from the book Gothi had given her when she was twelve was that another weredragon was nearby.

She's a weredragon, just like me. Kari thought. I can sense it, just like the book said. But of all places why is there one here on Berserker island? And judging by her age she must be a recently shifted one. Wonder if anyone has even found out.

"Dagur who is that?" She asked pointing to the girl.

"Oh that? That's my cousin Eleanor, she's the only daughter of my father's little brother Gordon." Dagur said looking at who Kari was pointing at. "Recently she had went Berserk but the crazy thing was that no one even knew when she went Berserk one night."

"What happened to her?" Kari asked studying the girl.

"They found her clothes all shredded up like she had clawed it off and we found her in the woods the next morning naked and blood covering her hands and mouth and she had three dead Terrible Terrors surrounding her. She was crying and begging for the gods to take something away from her."