I decided to take the twins home since Devin probably wasn't coming  home tonight, when I pulled up there was disheveled looking woman standing outside arguing with our security guard Benji. I really didn't feel like dealing with her right now but I knew she wouldn't leave until I spoke to her, so I drove around the corner and dropped the twins off with Marcus before going back to deal with my mother.

"What are you doing here Ma?" I asked keeping my distance because even from five feet away I could smell her.

"I was coming to see my grandchildren Torian, what else would I be here for?" She asked showing me her four yellow teeth.

"They're with Devin's parents and won't be back for a couple days." I said looking into her eyes.

"Where has Plywood Papi been hiding with his sexy yellow ass?" She asked.

"Busy, but listen ma....... you can't keep showing up at my house. You made it perfectly clear when you left rehab for the third time that you didn't want help and I refuse to subject my children to your lifestyle....... I don't care how old they are. Until you get yourself together you won't see my kids." I said evenly.

"FUCK YOU TORIAN!!!" She said doing the 180 she always did when I refused to let her see the twins. "FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAGGOT ASS BOYFRIEND AND THEM KIDS!!!!" She said and I just shook my head.

"Benji can you please make sure my mother gets back to Killeen safetly." I said getting back in the car and driving back to Marcus's house. I walked inside and Noah was walking out with a weird smirk on his face. "Where you going?" I asked looking at him.

"I'm going for a run Uncle Blaze, I'll be back in an hour." Noah said and I knew what he meant by 'run'. I walked into the kitchen where Marcus was sitting at the table cutting peppers with Cori, while all the babies were sitting in the crib looking up at me for help.

"When do y'all leave for y'alls trip?" Marcus asked looking at me. "I'm just asking because you looked kinda stressed and tired."

"After Valentine's Day that way everyone can spend time with the girls and in some cases dudes but yeah I need a vacation, it's just hard to imagine being away from them for an entire week." I said looking at the twins.

"I know what you mean....... being away from them will be hard the first time but once they get to be Noah's age........." Marcus said smirking as Noah walked back inside looking defeated. "How is Jade's dad doing?" Marcus asked and Noah just walked down to his room.

"So when do I get to see the new house?" I asked and Marcus shrugged.

"Whenever you want, I'm probably going later this week and........." Marcus didn't get the chance to finish because I started coughing really bad, when I looked down at my hands they were covered in blood. I quickly ran over to the sink and washed my hands hoping Marcus didn't see anything but I knew from the look on his face that he did..................................

CAM

It was around three in the morning and while I should be sleep, I couldn't later today we were supposed to go on a classified mission through some pretty dangerous territory and while my mind was was supposed to be on the mission, I couldn't help ...

It was around three in the morning and while I should be sleep, I couldn't later today we were supposed to go on a classified mission through some pretty dangerous territory and while my mind was was supposed to be on the mission, I couldn't help but think about was what was going back home. What my family seemed to forget is that my job was Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance; it was nothing for me to find out everything that was going on. I knew they were trying to keep me from worrying but the least they could've done was tell me about this nigga Dominique......... I got out of my rough ass cot and laid across the floor, seven more months, that what I kept telling myself until I fell asleep.........

"CUNNINGHAM WAKE UP!!!!" My boy Long said shaking me out my sleep. I looked at the clock and saw that it was six in the morning, lately I was lucky to get two hours of sleep so today was already. "Ayy guardmount is in ten minutes so you better hurry up." He said walking out my room.  Two minute cold shower, two minutes to get dressed, five minutes to get to the building I worked and I still just barely made it.

Two hours later I was sitting in the in the back of a humvee wishing I could've rode with my boys Long and Taylor but instead I was stuck with the one dude who hasn't showered since we got here......

"It should be and easy........" His words were drowned out by the sound of a loud explosion, after that everything started happening so fast, but I had just enough time to look up and see the humvee carrying two of the people I was closest with up in flames.............................