"Is that... Me?" Klaus asked, holding up a canvas and pointing to the person. "Us?"

Blushing, Darla nodded. It was embarrassing enough that they were going through all of her artwork, but adding her father finding the painting of the only picture they have together.

"It's incredible," He whispered, kissing her head. "Absolutely incredible."

"You can have it, if you want..."

Smiling down at her, Klaus smiled brightly and noticed, putting the painting down and then bringing her into a hug.

"I'll definitely cherish this forever." He promised. "It's my new prized possession."

Smiling at this, Darla nodded and continued to get everything unpacked and put away, compelling someone to be rid of the crates. After that, everyone kind of just went back to their business. Rebekah doing some online shopping, Freya working out some new spells, Kol watching funny videos, Klaus hanging his daughter's works of art in his office, Darla toying around on her new phone, and Elijah being, well, Elijah.

"Darla?" Elijah asked, knocking on her door lightly, leaning on the frame. "I'm going for a walk, would you like to accompany me?"

Smiling, Darla put her phone down and nodded, getting up from her bed and quickly throwing on her shoes.

"Don't forget a jacket, Darla." Elijah reminded the girl, reminding her of her father. "It's getting colder outside every night, you know."

"Wouldn't dream of it, 'Lijah."

And after putting on an appropriate coat for the weather, she and Elijah were off, walking down the lively streets of NOLA.

"So what's with the spontaneous walk?" Darla asked. "Everything good?"

"Everything is fine, thank you. Just thought I'd get some fresh air." He chuckled. "How about you? How are you adjusting to your new life in the quarter?"

Looking around at her surroundings, she smiled before she met her uncle's gaze again.

"It's... different." She answered. "Good different, of course. But different nonetheless. Small town to humongous city is a big change, and when you add in the surprise of your family, it's a little overwhelming at times. Sometimes it doesn't feel real."

"I understand. But if you ever want to escape the madness that is your new home, just tell me, and I will do anything that I can to help you do so. Your happiness is my greatest priority."

Smiling at his words, Darla nodded once again and continued down the street with her uncle, feeling content.

"Did you guys really miss me that much?" Darla found herself asking. "I mean, I was only a baby when I left, not to mention that I wasn't even your baby. Not that I'm not happy that I was brought up a Mikaelson ― I love you all and I love being a Mikaelson. But I guess part of me is just still a little confused as to why you all missed me so much after knowing me for so little, you know?"

Elijah was silent for a minute, letting her words process before speaking eloquently.

"When Klaus brought you home, Darla, I will admit. I was apprehensive. In fact, I thought he had taken you out of spite or something of the rather. But as soon as I knew the situation, and saw the pure love in his eyes..." Elijah trailed off, looking at the night sky as he recalled the memory. "You brought us together as a family. It is no secret that we have had many falling outs over the past millennia, and there are not doubts that we will have more. But for that year that you were with us there was nothing. We held no animosity or hatred, it was like we knew nothing of the words. All we knew was love and devotion to you. We were at rest. We were happy. You made us all happy. You're the thing that we love most on this wonderfully cruel world, and when Klaus had no choice but to send you away... It broke us again. For the longest time, Klaus and I did not speak. We just made a vow to bring you home, no matter what it took. And even when Freya and Kol showed up, it still wasn't the same. After all, what's a family without the one thing that makes it whole?"