“Okay, well the boys got stuck by some fans this morning and the girls’ flight was delayed so it may take some time for them to get here.” Leslie told me.

“No problem.” I said, checking the time on my phone.6:13a.m. Placing my feet on the back seat and resting my head on my red travel pillow. “I’m sleep until they get here.”

“Okay.” She replied and started to type on her phone.

I put my head phones in my ears, turned the volume up twelve notches, and closed my eyes but sleep failed to reach me. All I could think about was the conversation with my Mom. I know she trusted me, but a part of me didn’t believe so. If she really trusted me she wouldn’t have implied I would do something reckless. She would have faith in the fact I had a clear-sight on my future and planned to go through with my many goals in life. Then again, a lot of young celebrities have spiraled down the wrong path before, haven’t they? Ventured on their own, or partially alone at least, to only get involved in something they can’t escape. I already know I’ve done that before- and learned from it too.

“Desiree.” I heard someone call me, though it sounded distant, followed by multiple nudges. I opened my eyes to see Leslie in front of me and the back door near my feet opened. “Come on, it’s time to go.”

I looked at the time on my home screen. It was now 7:15a.m. When did I drift off? Were my thoughts that deep in my mind? Groggily getting out of the car, I stretched my limbs that were sore from being bawled up in the car and observed my surroundings. There were now two cars, one large van, and two tour buses in the lot. One bus was a combination of black, blue, and red while the other was a combination of purple, pink, and white. I could instantly tell the first was for the boys and the second for us. Great. I don’t even like the color purple and it was way visible on the bus.

Walking closer towards the group at Leslie’s command I saw I wasn’t the only girl who didn’t bother to primp themselves. All of us were in sweat pants with large jackets covering our upper bodies. I smiled at the thought a little, finding it funny we were on the same wave length this morning. I mistook them for girls who cared too much about appearance to the fact of them getting fancy to check the mail at dawn. I let out a low chuckle when I saw the boys’ facial expressions. They all looked ready to faint at a mere moment’s notice. I guess early morning and fans didn’t quite mix well with them.

“Is everyone here?” A man, Kenneth, I think, asked. He was a warm brown complexion with brown eyes and a bald head. He towered over all of us, easily six feet at a minimum. “Okay, so this marks the beginning of the summer tour, Up All Night!” Little claps were made with hardly any enthusiasm. “Each of you are here based solely on individual talent as well as request by each other. So this summer we are going to have fun and build bonds. Now get on the bus.”

None of us had to be told to get on twice. All that was heard were shuffling feet as we all scurried to our individual places. P.Y.T, Leslie, Tonya (their Manager and Star’s Mom), and I were led to the purple, pink and white bus. Backstreet, Keisha, Kenneth, Carter, and Sean went on the other bus. I know they had to be crowded in there with eight people. I’m already claustrophobic with six!

“Okay, so how are we going to arrange bunks?” Tonya asked in her slightly nasal voice.

“It doesn’t matter to me.” I answered. “A bed is a bed.”

“Agreed.” Bree replied. Star and Mila mumbled their agreement with us.

“Okay. So Lyric and Bree on the middle bunks, Star and Mila on the top, and Leslie and I will be on the bottom ones. Cool?”

“Yeah.” We chimed in unison.

“Alright.” Leslie said. “Well, you guys should go ahead and rest up. Later on we’ll have a meeting in the hotel so you can get the full agenda for the week. Sleep well.”