35. The Final Chapter

I woke up the next morning to the loud notification ring on my phone. I checked it to see that my dad texted me several times. As I scrolled down, I noticed that Naoto sent a text. I checked his texts the second i saw them.

Naoto: Your dad is coming home.
Me: He told me
Me: What if he tries to break us apart?
Naoto: Don't worry. You're 18, right?
Me: Yeah...why?
Naoto: You're legally an adult. There's nothing to worry about.
Me: You're right....That means he can't do anything to us.
Naoto: You just realized?
Me: Possibly....

       I saw a notification of another text from my dad.

Dad:I'm sorry for getting upset earlier.  Sometimes I forget that my little girl is all grown up.  I'm still coming home.  I can't wait to see you -Dad

       I sighed in relief.  Thank goodness I don't have anything else to worry about.  I went back to texting Naoto.
Me: When are you free today?
       I waited a bit for a reply. While waiting, I got a text from aunt Suzume.
Suzume: I don't believe that band boy would bring a good reputation to our family name.
    Since I decided to be sassy, I replied....
Me: I'll be taking a different name so no worries.
Suzume: Ichigo! Are you going to disgrace my image more?
Me: I no longer care about your opinion.  If ur gonna be negative, don't text me.

After that, she never texted me again
       I saw a notification of Naoto's text back.
Naoto: I'm free right now.
Me: Yay! Can we meet up?
Naoto: Sure.  Maybe my place?
Me: Okay!
       I sprung up and quickly put on a blue dress and rode my bike to Naoto's place.

"Hey Naoto....when shall we have our wedding?" I asked.
"Hmmm....In a few months?" He said.
       "Ok.  I'm going to ask the top designer of Angely Sugar to design my dress. I hope she agrees." I said.
       "She probably would" Naoto said.
       "Where shall we have our wedding?" I asked.
       "You like flowers, right?" Naoto asked. I nodded.  "Why don't we book a special garden meant for weddings? It's called the fairy tale gardens." He said.
       "You know me so well!" I said with a bright smile.  Naoto smiled and kissed my cheek.
        "There's nothing I look forward to more than becoming your wife." I said as he caresses my face.  With that, I kissed his soft lips.

A few months later.....

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

       I took a deep breathe as I walked down the isle in my pink wedding dress.  This is the moment I've waited for.  I went step by step with my dad by my side.  As I slowly and gracefully walked down the isle, I saw Naoto stand in the other side staring at me.  Everyone was staring at me.  Step by step, I got closer to becoming Naoto's wife.  As I was walking, the petals of the cherry blossoms from the cherry trees flew in the spring breeze as the music played. At last, I stood before the man I love.
Orihime, who I made the speaker for my wedding gave a long speech about love. I spaced out through most of it while daydreaming about how my life will be after the wedding. Me and Naoto are going to Hawaii on our honeymoon.
"Hoshimiya Ichigo." I heard the Orihime say. I zoned back in. "Do you take Suzukawa Naoto as your wedded husband?"
"I do"
"Suzukawa Naoto, do you take Hoshimiya Ichigo to be your wedded wife?"
"Of course!"
"You may now kiss the bride." She said. I kissed Naoto's soft lips. The moment I've waited for has come. Time went by slowly as the moment has come.
"May I have the rings please?" Orihime asked. The ring holder, Raichi handed over the rings. Me and Naoto put the rings on each other's fingers. The second Naoto put the ring in my finger, everyone started clapping. Johnny-sensei wiped away his tears while sobbing. With that, everyone got up and started taking photos with each other. I was taking several photos with friends, family, in-laws and of course, my husband.
"Ichigo, Naoto, you have no clue how proud I am of you. You make a perfect couple." My dad said walking up to me while holding my mom's hand.
"I can't believe you're already married. You've grown up so fast." Mama said wiping away tears of joy. I pulled my parents into a hug.
"I know. This is the happiest day of my life." I said.
"Me and your mother are going to head off to the evening party. We'll see you there." Dad said.
"Ok" I said. With that, mom and dad walked away hand in hand.
"Shall we go to the rest of the party now?" Naoto asked after people were leaving for our reception party at the restaurant where there would be slideshows and dancing.
"Yeah. I guess we should." I said. Naoto kissed my forehead gently before I grabbed his face and kissed his lips. After a few seconds, we pulled away and made our way to our evening party.

I held my husband's hand as we walked to the restaurant we're having the rest of the party at. There was nothing more precious to me than him, my beloved husband. This moment isn't the end of the story, it's no more than the beginning of a new chapter.

The End