29. Jumping to Conclusions

(Sunday 11:00am, March 20/ 2017)

       I ran into my house holding Naoto's hand.  I'm so excited!!  "Mom, Dad!!  I want you to meet someone!!"  I yelled as I took off my shoes.  Dad ran in almost immediatly as mom followed.  "Who's this?" Dad asked.  "Mama, Dad, I want you to meet my boyfriend!!" I said hugging Naoto.  "BOYFRIEND!?!?  As in you're going out with this guy?" Dad said in shock.  "Allow me to introduce myself.  I'm Suzukawa Naoto, nice to meet you!"  Naoto said shaking dad's hand.  "Do you mind if we have a bit of man-to-man talk?  You know, so I can make sure you're the right guy for my daughter?"  Dad asked.  "Sure." Naoto said.  Dad lead him into the living room.  Quickly I hid behind the couch to eavesdrop.  "Alright, let me make this clear: if you even dare lay a hand on my princess, I will break your neck.  Ichigo can be very vulnerable and an easy target.  With some manipulation, she can easily be convinced to 'put out'.  If you even think about it, I will make sure you never go near her again!!  Am I clear?"  Dad said in a harsh tone.  I've never heard dad sound this serious.  How would he know  if I'm easy to manipulate, let alone that Naoto would be that kind of guy?  He isn't even home often enough.  "Try not to jump to conclusions.  I can understand being overprotective, but could you maybe not accuse me of anything when we first met?"  Naoto said in a colder voice.  "I never accused you of anything!!" Dad said angrily.  "Well....you jumped to the conclusion that i'd use Ichigo." Naoto yelled.  "You seem like the type that angers easily.  Like I said, don't lay a hand on her."  Dad yelled.  Naoto stood up and pulled me out of my hiding place by the arm.  "Strawberry, lets go to my apartment.  Perhaps we could put on a movie?" Naoto said.  I nodded.  "WHAT?!?! You are not taking my daughter to your apartment!!!" Dad yelled.  "Watch me!" Naoto said dragging me by the arm to the door.  I put on my shoes and we left.

       "You come back here!!" Dad yelled running after us.  We eventually lost him a block away from Naoto's apartment.  We walked in and put on a show.  It was a series called "Sword Art Online".  It was pretty sweet.  Once we've gone through the first 14 episodes.  It's now 4:40.  "Hey, Ichigo.  It's close to dinner, want me to order a pizza?" Naoto asked.  "Why don't I cook you something instead?"  I asked.  "I don't normally keep food in the fridge, since I'm barely home.  I usually order food from restaurants."  He said.  "Why don't I buy some groceries and come back here to cook you something?" I asked.  "You're willing to do that?" He asked.  I nodded.  He reached into his pocket and pulled some money out of his wallet.  "I won't need it, I have my own." I said taking my own out of my hoodie pocket.  "I'll be back in a bit!!" I said springing up.  "Be safe."  He said as I ran out the door.

       I scanned the food at the food market.  What shall I make him?  I walked by some tomatoes and got an idea.  I'll make him spaghetti!!  I put the tomatoes in the shopping cart and looked for spaghetti noodles.  Once I found them, I went over to the meat section.  From there, I bought meat balls, then some salsa and some herbs for more flavor.  After I payed, I hurried back to Naoto's place to cook them.  "What are you doing alone?" A male voice said catching me off guard. I was halfway to Naoto's place.  I turned around to see me dad.  "I'm just about to make my boyfriend dinner." I said.  "So he is taking advantage of you...."  He said.  "What does that mean?" I asked nervously.  "He's probably sitting on his butt while you do his housework, right?" He said.  "Where did that come from? Don't tell me you're jumping to conclusions."  I said backing away.  "I bet he's gonna get you to sweep his floors next, right?" He said.  "Don't jump to conclusions, you just met him."  I said walking away.  "You're acting less like yourself every minute.  Your voice is going as cold as his voice!!" Dad said running after me.  "I guess I'm picking up some of his personality, but it's no big deal!!!" I said walking faster.  I finally made it to his apartment building.  Dad was still following me so I couldn't go inside right away.  "Dad, how about I invite him for dinner tomorrow night so you can get to know him?" I said.  "Alright, he has one chance, and that's it!!" Dad said walking away.

       I sighed as I walking into the building.  When I walked into Naoto's apartment, he quickly greeted me.  He took the groceries to the kitchen as I followed.  I quickly prepared the sauce and the noodles.  "What're you making?"  Naoto asked walking into the kitchen.  "It's a surprise!!" I said.  Covering his eyes.  "Alright, need help?" He asked.  "You just want to see what it is, don't you?" I said raising an eyebrow.  "Maybe I look forward to your cooking."  He said.  "It's almost done, it just needs 2 more minutes." I said.  "Okay, I guess that's not too long." He said kissing my temple.  With that, he went back to the living room.

       I put the food in a plate and handed it to Naoto.  "You made spaghetti!!" He said taking a bite.  I watched him eat.  "You should cook more often." He said finishing up.  "Aren't having any?"  I shook my head.  "I'm not really hungry."  Naoto burst out laughing.  "Since when?  Come on, have some!!" He insisted.  "Alright...." I said giving in, walking into the kitchen.

        After dinner, we sat around talking.  I completely lost track of time, and it was 11:24pm.  "Oh, I gotta go!!"  I said looking at my watch.  Then I sprung up.  Before I left, Naoto stood up.  "Let me walk you home."  He said.  I nodded.

       When I got home, I saw dad stand at the doorway with his arms crossed.  "May I talk to you, Suzukawa-kun?" He asked.  Dad gave me a serious look.  'Don't you go eavesdropping this time."  Naoto followed Dad to the living room.  I ran upstairs to my room.  I wonder what they're talking about.....