22. Naoto's Dilemma

I couldn't believe it.....  I had to choose between my student's and my band.  How can I decide?  I've grown attached to this school.  I could never let it go.  But I couldn't just quit on the guys either.  I'd miss Hiro's dumb pranks, and horror movies, or Shurato's annoying comments, and King getting all emotional.  If i were to go to the guys to pick, they'd pbviously encourage me to stay with them, but neither could I go to Johnny-Sensei, or headmistress for the same reason.  The only one who can help me with all honesty would be....Ichigo.  I pulled out my phone to text her.  She always makes me so happy.

Me:  Ichigo, could I ask you something?
Ichigo:  Of course!! you can ask me anything ♥

Me: Well...I got a call from Hiro with bad news....
Ichigo:  I have time off between 3:00-4:30, I'll meet you by the river. Can I talk to you then?
Me: Of course. I'll meet you then 

       "Suzukawa-Sensei....could you maybe start the lesson already?"  I looked up to see my class waiting for me.  This could be my last lesson depending on my choice.  "Is something wrong?"  Kurosawa asked.  "No, not at all."  I said trying to copy Ichigo's smile and giggle.  "Are you feeling okay?"  Madoka asked.  All the students looked at me funny.  So, I tried to act normal for the rest of class.

      I waited for Ichigo patiently at the riverside.  Finally she came.  "Hey Naoto-San!!" She said.
"Hey"
"You seem down. What's up?"
"It's just, if I want to carry on my band activities, I'll be too busy to work as a teacher."  I said as she sat down next to me.  She nodded.
"So you're in a dilemma?"

"Yeah...."
"Did you want to talk to me so badly for my opinion?"
"Mhmm"
"In all honestly...." She paused for a moment.  Her hair had a gold shine in the setting sunlight and her bright red eyes were dark in the shade of her bangs.  "I think that you should chose your band.  You have all these fans out there waiting to see your face, you've worked hard for a big break and now you have it.  I'm sure the students at the academy may be sad at first, but in the end, you'll see more smiling faces."  "You just made a good point.  You really helped me make up my mind."  I said looking at the sunset.  "So, you'll chose your band?"  She asked looking at me.  I nodded.  "I knew you could make the right choice!!" She said hugging me.  "I couldn't have done it without you...."  I said.  She let go while her face lit up like a child getting handed an icecream cone.  I could look at that smile all day.  "I still have a lot of time left on my break, wanna get frozen yogurt?"  She asked.  "I don't see why not."  I answered with a smile.