Chapter 87

"You didn't have to drive me Jase" I said to Jason as we pulled into the school parking lot. He insisted that he would drive me to school today. He shrugged.

"You coming back home with me after school?" He asked as he stopped the car. I shrugged.

"I'll let you know what I'm doing" I said then kissed him quickly and grabbed my bag. He grabbed my arm before I got out. I looked back at him confused.

"You did great yesterday. On the mission. Thank you" he said trying to hide his smile. I smiled and kissed him again.

"I tried my best. Bye babe" I said then hopped out. As I walked to the school, I looked around for my friends. I sighed as I didn't see anyone. I walked in the school and started going right to my locker. There's too many people in the hallway and it's too early to deal with them. The bell is gonna ring soon. I know I'm a little late.

"Mack!" I heard from behind me. I looked back to see Matthew and Alissa. I smiled and waited for them to catch up.

"Hey guys" I said as they got to me. "I'm so tired" I told them and I opened my locker.

"Well we have a test first period so" Matt said. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"I know I know. Bec what class do you have first again?" I asked Becca.

"I have math" she told me. We started walking down the hallway.

"I'd fail if I had it first. I'd be sleeping the whole time" I said and we laughed.

"I have to go the other way so I'll see you guys second period" Becca said then turned around and walked away.

"So how's senior year for you so far?" I asked Matthew.

"Well it started three days ago but it's good so far" he said and I laughed. I shook my head and we walked into our class.

"Smart ass" I mumbled jokingly and we sat down in our seats.

"So I was thinking about going to that woods / lake party this weekend. Are you and the girls going?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"Probably. I've only been to three. Once with you and the crew freshman year, but then we got scared and left" I started and we laughed remembering that. "Once with Cody sophomore year when we were dating. Then last year and it sucked. I hated it" I told him. I frowned remembering the one last year with Derek...

"Why did you hate it?" He asked confused. "You love parties" he added.

"I was just in a bad mood that's all" I lied and started going through my binder. There's no way I'm telling Matthew. He was always protective over me. As a friend of course.

I couldn't think of Matthew as anything more than a friend. I used to kind of like him, but he was my bestfriend so I knew it wouldn't happen. But I have Jason and I'm happy with him

***

It's lunch now and I'm still tired. Don't know how or why.

"Can we go outside?" Gigi complained. We all agreed so we got out and started to walk outside.

"Ready for that bio test tomorrow?" Becca asked me. My eyes widened.

"There's a bio test?" I asked.

"Were you not listening in class?" Matt asked me. I shrugged.

"It was second period. I was tired" I said and they all laughed. I felt the warm air as we stepped outside.

"It's so nice out" Alissa said.

"Agreed" I agreed. We walked to a table and just sat there.

"There's your crew" Matthew said to me then looked away from me shaking his head. Weird. I looked over at the parking lot to see the gang. I saw Jason with his sunglasses on and a hood on his head. I watched him take out his phone and started to do something on it. I looked back at my friends. Then my phone started ringing. I knew it was Jason.

"Hey Jase" I answered.

"Get over here" he said and chuckled. I laughed.

"Okay hold on" I said then hung up. I stood up.

"Tell hunter I said hi" Gigi told me. I smiled and nodded. I walked away from them and started walking over to the gang. Jason leaned against one of the cars and just stared my way with a smirk on his face.

"Boys" I said as I got to them. I received some Heys or 'sup's. "Hi" I said smiling as I got to Jason.

"Hey" he said and pulled me to him by my waist. I looked over at Hunter.

"Hunter, Gigi said hi" I told him. He nodded.

"I'm gonna go over there if anyone wants to come" he said then I looked back over at Jason.

"I wish you went to school with me" I told him. He chuckled.

"Why?" He asked looking at me funny.

"So I could see you while I'm stuck in this hell hole" I said and we both laughed.

"You could always skip" he said smirking. I rolled my eyes and shook my head smiling. He groaned. "why do you do that?" He asked then smiled.

"I'm gonna go eat so if you want to come you can" I said stepping back from him. He pouted. He grabbed my hand as I took another step back.

"I'll see you later right?" He asked. I shrugged and smiled. He raised his eyebrows confused.

"Maybe" I teased. He rolled his eyes and smirked. "No eye rolling McCann"

"Shut up" he said and quickly pulling me back to him making me laugh. He leaned down and kissed me. "I'll see you later" he said then kissed me again. "Love you" he said then let go of me.

"I love you too" I said back then turned around and started walking back to the table. I looked back at Jason and saw him still staring at me. I felt my face heat up and I turned around and started walking again.

"Wait!" I heard Jason's voice. I stop in my tracks and turn around. I see him running up to me. I giggled.

"What are-" he cut me off by smashing his lips into mine. I smiled through the kiss and I felt him smile too. He pulled away smiling.

"I just wanted one more" he said then bit his lip. I giggled.

"This is why we're together" I said then kissed him again. He chuckled and pulled me into a hug.

"Text me babe" he said pulling away. I nodded. He started backing away then winked. I bit my lip and walked back to the table.

"Someone's blushing" Becca pointed out as I got back. I laughed and shook my head. Today's a good day.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I'm sorry it's short!! I hope you liked it anyway!!
Let me know what you think!!
Do you guys like Matthew ??