Chapter 13

It was just Tuesday and I was in the period before lunch and I was still tired. I had absolutely no sleep last night. I've been feeling sick and over thinking. Most of my thinking was about Jason. I really need to stop. And I need sleep. Plus I heard my parents fighting about something last night. They never fight so it was weird and a little scary. All the sudden, I felt someone poke my arm. I knew it was Cody. He was sitting next to me in class. I looked over at him.

"You looked like you were falling asleep" he whispered to me. I nodded kind of thanking him then sat up straight, paying attention to the teacher. I couldn't tell you one thing I learned today. I started to drift off a little bit, then the bell rang scaring the shit out of me. I grabbed my bag and quickly left the class room. I needed to get to lunch so I could eat or drink something to keep me up.

"Woah you look tired" I heard Gigi say as we walked into the lunch room.

"Wow thanks" I said to her and she laughed.

"What's up with you?" She asked me as we got to the table. We were greeted by the other girls at the table.

"I got no sleep" I told them.

"Well no shit" Becca said. I rolled my eyes.

"I need food or something" I said and was about to stand up until I got a text. I grabbed my phone and looked at it. Codys name flashed across the screen. I rolled my eyes again.

Cody: can you meet me by the benches and tables by the football field and parking lot?

Then another text from him popped up.

Cody: our old spot

"Guys. Cody wants me to meet him at our old spot" I told them. Their eyes widened and they all got happy. Then I started getting a bunch of responses from them saying yes. I laughed and grabbed my phone again to text him back.

Me: okay let me just get water

Suddenly he texted me back quickly.

Cody: I already got you one.

I stood up and grabbed my bag. We used to meet at that spot all the time when we were dating. He's on the football team so before his practice we would meet there.

"Don't get caught" Gigi said. My jaw dropped. They laughed.

"Shut up!" I said to her. "I'll see you guys later" I said and walked away from them. I walked out of the doors to go outside and saw Cody leaning against the table near the football field and the parking lot. He looked up to see me and smiled. But I kept a straight face. "Thanks for saving me in class" I said as I got to him. He laughed.

"No sleep?" He asked me and I nodded. He was leaning against the table still and I was standing in front of him with my arms crossed. "Why?" He asked me. "Over thinking?" I nodded again.

"Also I felt a little sick and my parents were fighting" I told him. Even though I hate him and he's my ex, I know I can tell him this.

"Oh! Before I forget" he said as he pulled a water bottle out of his bag and handed it to me.

"Thank you" I said as I took it from him. I took a sip as he started talking again.

"So anyway, your parents were fighting? They never fight" he said confused. He knows my family so well.

"Exactly" I said and I looked over at the football field then the parking lot. I froze when I looked at the parking lot. I saw the gang. I looked at every single one of their faces. Jason was one of them. When did he come back? Why didn't Travis or Kade tell me? Jason was staring at me right back like he knew at any point I would look over at him watching me. He slowly took his sunglasses off, not moving his eyes from me.

"Ignore them Mack" I heard Cody say. I looked back over at him. "Do you know what they were fighting about?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Why would they be sitting there?" I asked Cody about the gang, changing the subject. I looked over at them again and Jason was still looking at me. I rolled my eyes at him then looked back at Cody. 'act like you hate jason'
Cody looked at the gang quickly then back at me.

"Who cares?" Cody asked me. I shrugged. "Damn I miss you" he said grabbed my hand. I pulled my hand away from him slowly and shook my head.

"I don't know Cody. I-I don't-" he cut me off.

"You don't trust me?" He asked me. I looked at the ground and shook my head. Then I felt his hands go on my waist pulling me to him. I looked up at him.

"Don't do this" I warned him. I tried to move away but he put his hand on my face to look at him.

"One kiss?" He asked me. I shook my head again. I moved away and shaking my head again. I started walking away but he grabbed his stuff and grabbed my arm pulling me back. I looked over at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Please believe that I didn't cheat on you" he told me.

"I don't know how you want me to do that. I loved you. I trusted you. I don't think I could ever to that again" I said as I pulled my phone out. I dials Alissa's number.

"Hey is everything okay out there?" She asked as she answered.

"Drive me home please" I begged. She said okay and hung up. I knew she's be out here in a minute.

"I'll drive you home" Cody offered. I shook my head. Before he could say anything else, Alissa came out the doors. "I can drive her home Alissa" he said to her.

"No need" she said to him and she smiled at me. "Let's go" she said and I smiled. We started walking around from Cody but then I stopped as I noticed the gang is still in the parking lot. "We can go around them. It's okay" she told me. I nodded. We started walking again and they all looked at us as we started to go by.

"Yo Wood!" I heard Kade say. I sighed and looked at them as we stopped walking right in front of them. "We didn't need your help. We got it" he said so I rolled my eyes. My eyes travels to Jason. I looked at him with no emotion to try to act like I don't care. I looked back ahead and we keep walking.

"I've been acting like I hate him" I told Alissa as we got into her car.

"Who Cody? Why?" She asked me then started the car and started driving.

"No not Cody. Jason" I told her.

"You're better of with out danger like that in your life. We just don't want you to get hurt or killed you know that" she Told me. I sighed.

"Yeah I know"

"Plus your brother will go crazy if he knew you kissed Jason McCann" she said and we laughed.

"He's met Jason but he doesn't know it was Jason McCann. He only knew his first name" I said to her. She nodded.

"Anyway topic off of Jason, what did you and Cody talk about it? It was so quick" she asked.

"Just family. He was saying how he missed me and stuff. The usual" I said to her. As we got to my house, I got out and ran inside. She was going back to school because she has cheer after school. I walked inside and saw Dylan sitting on the couch. He looked over at me, but he didn't look as happy.

"What are you doing home?" He asked me.

"I don't feel good and I got no sleep" I told him as I put my stuff down and was about to walk into the kitchen, but he started talking again.

"You know, I figured it out. It took a while, but I figured it out. I knew Jason looked familiar" he told me and I was taken back.

"What?" I asked him.

"He's Jason McCann!"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Oh no! Let me know what you guys think!! I hope you liked it!