Chapter 7

Jason was standing there with his hands in the pocket and looking at the ground. His hood was on and so were his sunglasses.

"Jason what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Are you gonna let me in?" He asked me completely ignoring my question. I moved aside and he came in. I shut the door and faced him. He was standing with his back towards me and was looking around. "Nice place" he said then faced me. I didn't say anything. I walked into the living room with him following behind. We both sat down on different couches.

"How'd you know I left school?" I asked him. He slipped his glasses off as he began to speak.

"I saw you leave" he said as he put his sunglasses on the coffee table in front of him. He just stared at me.

"Why are you here Jason?" I asked him again sighing. Why was Jason McCann sitting in my living room? Never thought this would happen.

"I don't know" he shrugged. "Why were you fighting with the guy this morning?" He asked me.

"He called me a slut and said I was the one to cheat on my ex. When that never happened. So I called out his girlfriend" I told him. He laughed. I rolled my eyes. Whoops.

"Don't roll your eyes" he said and I kept my eyes on the coffee table. "Look at me" he said and I looked over at him. His eyes looked dark then back to normal. Then I heard the front door open. What? My mom isn't coming home till later. Then my brother walked in! He goes to college.

"Dylan?!" I yelled. I jumped up and ran to him. I hugged him so tight. I let go and smiled. "Why are you home so early?" I asked him.

"Spring break!" He told me then we looked at Jason. He was standing there looking pissed. His eyes were dark again. Oh no. Why is he pissed?

"Jason, this is my brother Dylan. Dylan, this is my friend Jason" I introduced them.

"Hey man" Jason said as they shook hands.

"Why aren't you guys in school?" Dylan asked us. I sighed and looked at Jason. He was already looking at me.

"I got into a fight this morning" I said quietly. "Not a fist fight though" I told him. His eyes widened.

"A fight? With who?" He asked confused.

"Brad again" I answered him. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to hurt that kid one day" Dylan warned.

"So anyway, how long is your spring break?" I asked him.

"2 weeks" he told us. I smiled.

"Maybe I should go. I have to meet up with some friends anyway" Jason said. I nodded.

"Nice to meet you" Dylan said to Jason.

"You too" Jason said and I walked him to the door as Dylan walked into the kitchen.

"I didn't know he was coming home today" I told Jason. He nodded. He opened the front door and looked at me.

"I'll see you around?" Jason said. I nodded and he left. I walked into the kitchen and Dylan laughed.

"What?" I asked smiling.

"Jason McCann huh?" He asked me. And chuckled. My smile dropped.

"H-how do you know him?" I asked him.

"Been to a party with him and some people. And trust me, I heard about him" he told me. "When did you meet him? And how?" He asked me.

"Last week. I tutor his friend" I told him. "He was just checking in on me, since I was upset this morning"

"If this happened at school then how did he know? I know he doesn't go to your school Mac" he sighed.

"It happened outside. He was dropping off his friends. Dylan, I know you're just being protective but please stop with the questions. Me and Jason are just friends. I just met him. I know how dangerous he is. EVERYONES telling me. But please just trust me" I told him. He nodded.

"So when is your spring break?" He asked me.

"Two weeks from now" I said to him. Then the front door opened again. And my mom walked. Can't wait for the whole family to be back together.

***

It was next day and I really didn't want to go to school. So my parents said I can stay home with Dylan since I haven't seen him and so long. But I still had to go tutor Travis today. Dylan said he would drive me since I still didn't have my car back.

"Are you going somewhere with your friends for spring break?" Dylan asked. I nodded.

"We don't know where we want to go yet though" I answered. Before he could talk, the door bell rang. Oh no please don't be Jason again. Dylan got up and walked out of the kitchen to the front door.

"Hey Cody!" I heard Dylan say. What? I walked out and went near the front door. They both looked at me.

"Mackenzie" Cody said my name smiling.

"What are you doing here Cody?" I asked as I crossed my arms. His smile dropped and he sighed.

"Can we please talk?" He asked.

"Outside" I said to him. "I'll be back in Dylan" I said to Dylan then me and Cody walked outside on the porch. "There's nothing to talk about it" I said.

"Yes there is Mac! You need to listen to me" he said and tried grabbing my hand. I pulled my hand back. "Don't do this"

"Don't do this? How about we get back together and I cheat on you? Do you want me to hold your hand after that?" I yelled at him.

"Mackenzie I didn't cheat on you! How many times do I have to tell you that?" He snapped back.

"I saw it Cody. Stop acting like I'm stupid" I said and he groaned. "I have to go somewhere so you need to leave" I said and walked back inside, shutting the door on him. "Dylan can you take me now?!" I yelled for him.

"Yeah!" I heard him say then he walked into the room. Ugh lets just hope this day gets better.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I hope you guys like this! Let me know what you think!