Chapter 31

"Maybe everyone was right about you because right now I'm actually hurt"

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

We got to the restaurant a few minutes ago and we got our table. We decided to wait a little to order anything. Since Jason wasn't here yet. Before I could say anything, my phone started ringing. Its Jason. I got up and walked near the restrooms as I answered.

"Hey babe where are you?" I answered.

"hey Mackenzie. It's Kade" I heard on the other line.

"Uh hi Kade. Where's Jason?" I asked.

"He's kind of caught up with work right now-" I cut Kade off.

"Is he not coming?" I asked him. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh no he is. He's just going to be a little late and he said you can start without him, but he will be there" Kade told me. I sighed.

"Alright thanks Kade" I said then hung up. I shook my head. I walked back to the table and fake smiled. "Jason is going to be a little late so we can start with out him" I told them.

"Is everything okay?" My mom asked me. They all looked at me.

"Yeah. He's just caught up with work right now" I told her as I grabbed the menu. I knew what I was getting. I just didn't like the attention of all of them looking at me. I believe that he will show up. I would say he's nervous, but when will Jason McCann ever be nervous of anything.

"Right Mac?" I heard Dylan say. I looked up at him.

"Sorry I was reading the menu and not paying attention" I lied about the menu part. He laughed.

"It's fine. I was telling them about the time with Connor in Miami with the elevator in hotel" Dylan told me. I laughed remembering that time.

"Yeah that was really funny." I told them. We laughed as Dylan described some of that night again. I smiled. This is what I was looking forward too, but with Jason too. The waiter came and we ordered. Gigi leaned closer to me.

"Do you think he's coming?" She asked me quietly so no one can hear. I shrugged. She sadly smiled at me. I'm just going to have fun whether he comes or not.

***

I sighed as my parents gave the waiter the bill back. Jason never came and didn't answer any of my texts.

"We going to go. We got everything paid." My dad said as he and my brother stood up.

"We will meet you back at the house" My mom said as she stood up too. I smiled as I stood up and hugged them. Then we said bye and they left. I sat back down and smiled at the girls.

"I'm sorry he didn't come" Alissa said to me. I shrugged and shook my head.

"Ready to go Mac?" Becca asked. I nodded and we all stood up. As we turned the corner to go to walk out of the restaurant, Jason came rushing in. As his eyes landed on me, guilty came across his eyes. I looked over at the girls.

"I'll met you guys in a car" I said to them quietly. They nodded and walked out. I crossed my arms as I looked at Jason. He went to talk, but I cut him off. "I can't believe you" I said and he sighed.

"I just got caught up with everything I was doing" he told me. I thought he would say more to explain himself but he didn't. He just stared at me.

"Don't you want to say more" I asked and rolled my eyes.

"Let's not do this in here" he said as he looked around then back at me. "Let's go outside" he said and I started walking outside with him behind me. As soon as I got out, I faced him. I crossed my arms again waiting for him to talk, but he didn't.

"So that's all? Caught up in your little work?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and sighed. He was about to talk, but I started talking. "Eye rolling? Thought you hated that? Don't do it if I can't" I said pissed off. Hypocrite.

"What? No you do what I say. I can do whatever I want. I'm Jason McCann" He said sounding like a total douche.

"Just because you're Jason McCann doesn't mean you can do what ever you want" I told him.

"You want to test that?" He snapped stepping closer. His eyes grew darker. I knew it wasn't good, but I rolled my eyes. "Do that one more fucking time and I swear I'll knock your eyes right out" he warned stepping closer and saying it a little more quiet just in case anyone hears.

"Now you're going to hit me? You're an asshole" I told him and he went to grabbed my arm. "Don't touch me!" I said as I pulled my arm away.

"Don't make a scene sweetheart. Don't want the cops right" he said with a smirk on his face. I shook my head in disgust.

"Maybe everyone was right about you" I started. He just stared at me plainly. His eyes still dark. "Maybe everyone was right about you because right now I'm actually hurt" I told him. He sighed.

"Listen-" he started but I cut him off. His eyes were back to normal. I saw the guilt in his eyes again. I don't believe that he feels bad though.

"Don't. I don't want to hear it" I said. He looked away. His eyes on the sidewalk. "I'm leaving" I said and started to turn around, but he grabbed my arms. As I looked back, he slammed his lips on mine. I pulled away. "That's not going to fix it" I told him and pulled my arms away from him. He just stared at me.

"Let's talk about it" he said. I shook my head.

"I don't even want to talk to you right now" I snapped. He went to talk, but closed his mouth. He shook his head and looked back at the street. He licked his lips then looked back at me.

"Fine" he said quietly. "But one more thing" he said as he pulled out his phone. I crossed my arms and waited as I watch him do something on his phone. Then I felt my phone buzz as he put his phone away. "Check it" I grabbed my phone and saw he sent me a picture. As I opened it, I saw he sent me the picture me and him took last week. I wanted to smile but I didn't. I looked up at him.

"Bye Jason" I said and started walking away. As I looked back at him, I saw him throw his phone at the wall. He was trying to control his hands from punch something. I sighed and kept walking to the car. As I got in they all stared at me. I felt a tear go down my face. "Let's just go home please" I said and it was still quiet as I heard her car start to go.

"Please don't cry. He's really not worth it" I heard Becca whisper to me. I unlocked my phone which opened to the picture of me and Jason. Even though, I'm still mad at him, I saved it. I locked my phone again and just looked out the window.

What a bitter sweet night...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Yikes eventful chapter
I hope you all liked this one!