Chapter 74

**Mackenzie's P.O.V**

"Mack just please breath and explain okay?" Gigi tried to calm me down. I took a deep a breath and wiped my tears. I nodded.

"We got into a fight and he said not so nice things so I broke up with him and left. But I didn't have my car so I would have had to walk home, but Jason followed me. I refused to go with him so we got into a fight on the street and someone called for a noise complaint and it was my uncle who showed up" I explained to her.

"The fight was that bad that you broke up? What was it about?" She asked confused. I sighed.

"I found pill bottles of his and he got mad at me and said I had no right go through his stuff when I wasn't. I was just looking for a charger like he said I could" I told her. She shook her head.

"I'm sorry. Maybe when he's calmed down, you guys should talk about it" She said. I nodded.

"I know. But I'm hurt. He said some mean shit" I said and put my head in my hands. I can't believe this. I know I'm the one that broke up with him, but to be honest I don't know if I should have. He can't help that he gets that mad. But I was just looking for a charger and he knows that. "I-I don't want to talk about it right now-" she cut me off.

"Wait Mack, Hunters calling me" she told me. I picked up my head quickly.

"Answer and put it on speaker" I said really quick. She nodded as she did so.

"Hey Hunt" she answered.

"Hey Gi. Have you talked to Mackenzie?" He asked. She looked at me and I nodded saying she can say whatever. I don't even have to say anything, she understands me.

"Uh yes actually. She's here at my house" she told him.

"So you know that they broke up. Well Jason's back here and I swear he's insane right now because of that. I'm glad she's safe now" Hunter said. I sighed. Insane?

"What do you mean? Do you think he would have hurt her?" She asked. I think she understands more of what he's saying than I do.

"Duh yes. He got into one of those black outs. He punched the wall here a few times in the living room. Punch Derek again. Then started screaming at himself about being a fuck up. Now he's down stairs smoking" he told her. My eyes widened. All that already? That can't be. He wouldn't hurt me... Well he blacked out. I've never seen him like that. I don't think I'd want too.

"Who's Derek?" She asked. Oh shit. She doesn't know. I hope Hunter doesn't know. Shit he does know. He was there.

"Someone from the gang that staying with us for the week" he told her. Then we heard someone in the background yelling. It sounds like Travis. Then we heard Hunter whispering to someone.

"Hunter what's going on?" She asked him confused. He sighed.

"Jason he-" he got cut off.

"Dude shut up!" I heard a voice say to Hunter.

"I gotta go. I'll text you" he said then hung up. She looked at me with sad eyes. I shook my head and sighed.

"Jason's not okay" I said quietly. I stood up and looked down at her. "I'm going to sleep in the guest bedroom. Good night Gi" I said and she nodded. I left my phone there and went upstairs. I went into the guest bedroom and instantly went into the bed. I didn't even bother changing or anything. I felt tears go down my face but I tried to ignore it and go to sleep. I sighed. How did it go wrong so quickly?

***

It's the next day and I'm on my way to go meet up with Jason. He texted me and asked me to meet him at the park near my house. I'm driving there even though it's so close to my house. I feel sick from last night so I really don't want to walk. I parked two down from Jason's car and got out. I saw him sitting on one of the swings with his head down. I started walking over to him. He has his sunglasses on even though it's really cloudy out. He really doesn't need them. He looked up at me as I got to him.

"Hey"

"Hi" I said back as I sat down on the swing next to him.

"I shouldn't have said some of the things I said last night" he said quietly. I looked over at him and saw him looked down again. "I wasn't thinking"

"I know" I said back quietly. He picked his head up and went to grab onto the swing, but missed it. I looked at him confused. What's wrong with him? I grabbed his sunglasses and took them off. His eyes are bloodshot. Like he's high.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked and he just stared at me. "You know what, call me if you want to actually work this out" I said standing up. I threw his sunglasses at his chest. He grabbed my arm. I looked back at him.

"I threw my pills away" he told me then let go of my arm.

"Why would you do that? You need them Jason" I asked confused. I rolled my eyes. "Do you know how stupid that is?" I asked pissed off.

"I did it because I know I'm crazy and I don't need pills to tell me" he told me.

"Jason you're not crazy and the pills help you" I said. I'm still trying to figure out why he would threw his pills away. He shrugged. "I'm leaving" I said pissed off and started to walk away, but he grabbed my arm again. I pulled it back but looked at him. He stood up.

"Let's talk" he begged. I shook my head.

"While you're high? Funny Jason" I snapped at him. He bit his bottom lip. I sighed. "Just give me some space" I said and walked away finally. I got in my car and saw Jason slowly walking to his. Why would he get high before this? Is he not taking this seriously? And throwing his pills away? I covered my face with my hands and groaned.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Do you think he's taking it seriously? Or he's just really upset? Let me know what you guys think of this story so far! I really hope you guys like it!!