Chapter 85

The game was a success. We won. Usually the whole team and the cheer squad would go to a diner down the street from the high school after every win. It was always fun. But I'm not going to go this time.

They are also celebrating how Cody just got a new scholarship to Ohio state. I don't want to be there tonight. Cody talked to me after the game making Jason actually want to punch Cody.

**back to an hour ago after the game**

We all cheered and screamed as the game ended and our team won. We won our first game this year. I went to go talk to the cheer coach, but then saw the Ohio state guy talking to Cody which we all know what that means. I shook my head wanting to ignore it. I started to walk by, but they both stopped me. Are you kidding me? I knew Cody would, but the scholarship guy too? I faked a smile and faced them.

"This young lady was telling me about how you would like it-" I cut him off.

"Sorry to cut you off, but I'm not involved with this-" now Cody cut me off.

"But you talked to them about me. Thank you" he told me. I tried everything not to roll my eyes.

"Well I didn't get them here. They did it them selves. I just said you would love it. No need to thank me at all. And no need to stop me. Congrats Cody. You deserve it" I said and walked away. I need to find Jason. I looked around and saw Jason and the boys staring at me. I know they just saw what happened. He must be so confused. I smiled and walked over to them. No emotion came across his face. No smile. Nothing.

"Congrats on the win" he told me. I gave him a toothless smile. "I'll meet you guys at the car" he told the boys. He looked past me and I looked over my shoulder to see what he's staring at. Cody. I stepped closer to him and grabbed his face with both my hands. His eyes focused on mine. I smashed my lips to his and I felt him kiss back. I felt his hands on my waist. I pulled away and he had a little smirk on his face.

"Is everything okay now?" I asked confused. He rolled his eyes and let go of me. He grabbed my hand.

"Let's go" he said and I giggled. I know it's all okay now.

**Back to now**

Right now me and Gigi are at the boys house. We decided not to go to the diner and come hang with the boys. Except Jason and that Greg kid are down in the basement doing work or whatever.

"So where did this Greg guy come from? I've never heard of him" I asked the boys.

"It's always so low key in the gang that he only comes back in like if we need him for like important stuff. Like we have this huge thing coming up that he's helping with" Travis explained to us. I nodded understanding.

"I have an idea!" Gigi said excitingly standing up.

"Oh god" Kade mumbled. A few of us laughed. Gigi rolled her eyes.

"Let's have a bonfire!" She said smiling. I nodded quickly.

"I agree. Let's do it" I said.

"Okay we got everything in the back" Hunter said. We all stood up and walked outside. It was only me, Gigi, Hunter, Travis, Kade, and Cameron. Johnson went out. The boys started doing whatever they do for the bonfire as me and Gigi walk around the yard trying to find decent sticks.

"So do you guys think you can work it out?" I asked Gigi about her and Hunter. She nodded.

"Yeah. We've been close and we've been talking about it all the time" she told me. I smiled.

"That's good" I said back.

"You and Jason seem happy. You guys have lasted so long" she pointed out.

"Yeah we have and we are happy" I told her.

"How long has it been?" She asked.

"A few months" I answered.

"Yo Wood!" I heard which made as both look towards the house. I saw Johnson and Travis standing at the back door looking at me. They waved me over.

"I'll be back" I told Gigi then quickly walked to them. "What's up?" I asked as I got to them.

"Come with us" Johnson said. I nodded and followed them inside. I was about to ask what we are doing till I followed them into the basement. Why would I need to come down here? As we got down there, I saw Jason and Greg still down here. Jason looked at us confused.

"No. She's not doing this" Jason said to Johnson and Travis. They looked at each other then back at Jason.

"She can help Jason. It's something little. She's smart she can really help with this. We wouldn't pick her for fun. I know she can do this" Travis told Jason. Jason sighed and then nodded.

"Fine" Jason said and faced back to the table where he's working on something.

"What's going on?" I asked. The two boys faced me.

"You're going on a mission with us and you're gonna help" Travis told me. My eyes widened.

"I can't do that. No way-" Johnson cut me off.

"It's not like you think. There wouldn't be anyone there but our gang. You just need to come with us to this warehouse and help us find something" Johnson explained.

"So it's not really a mission, it's just me helping you find something?" I asked and laughed a little. They looked at each other and sighed then looked back at me. "What?" I asked confused.

"Babe it's a mission" I heard Jason say.

"Someone explain more" I complained.

"I don't want her to get into this. She shouldn't be part of this" Jason said facing us again.

"Why not? She's smart and I would know. She tutored me in math so she could be a big help in finding what we would need" Travis fought back.

"We all know she's not going to get hurt McCann. No one can get hurt during this" Johnson said to Jason. Jason sighed and shook his head.

"This will be the only mission she will ever be part of with us" Jason said then went back to working with Greg.

"Someone explain now" I demanded. This might be fun. Johnson took a deep breath before explaining.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
So what do you all think about her going on the mission?? I hope you liked :)