Chapter 53

**Few Days Later**

Some of my family and I are out around the city. It's fun so far. Except I didn't bring my phone. I got it back, but I didn't feel like turning it on and seeing things from people back home. I'm happy right now even though I miss everyone. I'm just glad to be with family right. Although almost a week left.

"Having fun?" My mom asked me. I smiled and nodded. It wasn't a fake smile like the other parts of the trip. "That's good. Where's your phone? I would have thought you'd have it" she asked me.

"I just didn't want to see notifications from people back home. I miss everyone" I told her.

"I tried talking to your dad about Jason-" I cut her off.

"I don't want to talk about Jason" I told her and she nodded. She patted my back.

"Just please say sorry to dad and uncle Nick. They didn't mean to make you upset" she said and I sighed. I nodded and didn't anything as I looked away. "Are you excited to go home?" She asked me. I nodded again. "One more thing" she said and I looked over at her. "Wanna call one of your friends from my phone since you don't have yours?" She asked.

"Yeah" I said smiling. She took out her phone and handed it to me.

"I'll be over there" she said and walked into the store near by. Everyone was scattered. Except a few family members were sitting at tables eating. I'm sitting at a table too but a different table. I dials Alissa's number.

"Hi Ms Wood" she answered.

"Hey Liss" I said and laughed a little.

"Mackenzie! Hey what's up? How's Paris?" She asked me excitingly.

"It's good. I like it here. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Actually me and the girls are out to eat" she told me.

"Awe that's fun. I miss you guys"

"We miss you too. Wait Becca wants to talk to you" she said then I heard a bunch of noises like the phone fell or something.

"Hey girl! How's Paris" I heard Beccas voice.

"It's nice here. How's school?" I ask.

"It's boring. Like usual. The last day of school is tomorrow. I can't believe you won't be here" she told me. I sighed.

"Yeah I know. I'm coming home soon though. We have to go out the day after I get back!" I told her.

"Yes! We have too. Club 46?" She asked.

"Of course. Where else" I said and we both laughed.

"Alright that's a plan. No boys. Just us" she said and I smiled.

"Yeah. It's gonna be fun"

"Okay. Here's Alissa again. Love you see you soon!" She said saying goodbye.

"Okay love you too" I said back.

"So Club 46? When?" I heard Alissa ask.

"The day after I get back" I told her.

"Oh okay sounds good. Miss you"

"I miss you too. It's been a long 3 weeks" I said and sighed.

"It's okay. You'll be home soon" I smiled once she said that.

"Yeah. Alright I have to get back to the family so I'll see you guys in a week" I said to her as I stood up. I started walking to the store my mom is in.

"Oh okay see you soon! Love you"

"Love you too" I said then hung up. I walked into the store and instantly saw my mom. She smiled at me. I handed her phone back and she frowned.