23. Overwhelmed (Doc + O'Malley)

You sat in the clinic skimming through hundreds of books and pages. Your eyes skimmed each sentence, engrossing yourself in pointless and irrelevant information. It was another day, not excessively loud but neither was it as quiet as you hoped it was.

"Uh, (Y/N) ...hey." Not even slightly fazed, you looked towards the direction of the door and found Doc standing there.

"Doc." You did nothing more than acknowledge his presence. "Do you need anything?"

"W-w-well, uh-uh, I," you raised your eyebrow curiously as Doc continued to stutter embarrassingly, "I-it's uh-just say it you foolish fool!" Oh, you sighed heavily at his sudden arrival.

"O'Malley, such pleasure to see you." A part of you genuinely meant it, the illogical and emotionally driven part, aka stupid (Y/N).

"I would say the same, but I would be lying! MUAHAHA!" His stereotypical and unwarranted laugh cause you to cringe but smile ever so slightly.

"O'Malley, that isn't very nice!"

"Nice? You fool! Do you want to see me not being nice?" O'Malley not being nice? Now that intrigued you.

"O'Malley please don't!"

"Fool!" It took you a moment, but you finally realised he was talking to you.

"Oh uh, yes...O'Malley?"

"Your foolish miniscule brain may not realise it but Dufresne is infatuated with you!"

"What? Excuse me?"

"YES! MUAHAHA. You're all he thinks about all day and, if you could see what he dreams about. MUAHAHAHA!" You sat there gobsmacked at the information received, with your eyes wide and mouth gaping.

"E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-EXCUSME ME?" Your shock was only increased as Doc spoke again.

"I-I only think about her all day because of you!"

"What (WHAT)?" Both you and O'Malley screeched out in alarm.

"YES! O'Malley thinks about you all day, and you're on his 'don't obliterate' list!"

"LIES, NONE SHALL SURVIVE MY WRATH FOOL! YOU FOOLISH FOOL AND YOUR...FOOLISHNESS!" Doc/O'Malley stood there panting heavily, as he body could not handle the one-way conversation anymore. You could do nothing and say nothing a to the two (?) men.

"I-I-I-I...WHAT? DOC? O'MALLEY? W-W-W-WHAT?"