Chapter 40: Broken

gif of tiffany

the boys still have me shook with all the pictures of them being cute and shit smh

okay on with the chapter

two months later

We're going to see him today.

I haven't seen him in two months and I'm so nervous but ready at the same time.

It's hard to grasp what he did but I'm happy he's better now.

"Tiff, lets go." Michael speaks softly, opening my bedroom door and trying to smile at me.

I try to smile back before sitting up and grabbing my phone.

Placing it in my pocket, we walk down the stairs and to the car together since the other boys are already in the car.

I climb into the back with Calum and Michael sits on the other seat next to me.

The ride over was terrible, my nerves just
piling on and I wonder if he even wants to see me today.

Well I mean, it's not like I could ask him since he lost his access to a phone but still.

Calum throws an arm over my shoulder and try not to curl into him because if I did I wouldn't leave.

We turn into the place and my breathe hitches, the drive being to short and not giving me enough time.

It's all too soon that I'm getting out of the car and Ashton rolls his window down so we can talk.

"Text us and we'll come back here to pick you up okay? We'll be in the parking lot." He assures me, making sure I know where they're gonna go.

I nod before placing a kiss on cheek and turning around to face the entrance.

Waiting for them to leave, I read the name of the place before sighing deeply and stepping forward.

I walk up the path to where he is and I stare at him and wonder if he even realizes I'm here.

"Hey Andrew."

He doesn't respond. It hurts just as much as it did two months ago.

Nothing has changed.

I lean down onto my knees and stare at the stone before bringing my hand up and letting my fingers run over the words of his name.

Andrew Smith,

"i'll promise i'll never let you go"

My eyes tear up at he words since it's the last thing he promised me before he did what he did.

Even though I didn't go to the funeral, they let me write his quote, knowing that I knew him better than anyone else.

"Why did you do it. Why wasn't I enough for you?" I whisper the words at the stone, knowing I'm not getting an answer but trying anyways.

Andrew committed suicide two hours after we all left.

He wrote letters to us, laid them on his desk, grabbed his desk chair, hung a belt from the light, and tied it around his neck.