Chapter 10: Let Us Go

Trigger warning; there are mentions of suicide in this chapter. Viewer discretion is advised.

"Tonight we're fading fast."

"I just want to make this last."

I shift in my sleep.

"Go ahead rip my heart. Show me what loves all about."

I moan and sit up in my bed. I rub my right eye with my sleeve before climbing out of my bed.

I groggily walk over to the studio they have in their house, still rubbing my eye as I open the door and walk in.

I watch Calum as he continues to play the guitar and sing, headphones on his ears, his eyes closed.

I sit down on one of the chairs, realizing I haven't heard one of their songs before.

"And I need you to need me to stay."

"If you don't know."

"Let me go."

I stare at him, my mouth slightly open, enjoying the sound of his voice.

"Let's forget the past. I swear we'll make this last. Cause I remember the taste of your skin tonight, and the way that you looked, you had those eyes, I remember the way it felt inside and the name of the songs that made you cry."

I notice the tears running down Calum's face and wonder how many nights he has sat in the studio alone, singing this song, and crying.

"You would scream, we would fight, you would call me crazy, I would laugh, you were mad but you always kissed me, and the shirt that I had that you always borrowed, when I woke it was gone, there was no tomorrow."

I stare at him as he starts to cry harder, struggling to keep singing the song. And I have no idea how to help him. So I sit still, and I watch, as he completely falls apart, his eyes still closed.

"Go ahead rip my heart if you think that's what loves all about, go ahead rip my heart out, go ahead rip my heart out, go ahead rip my heart out if you think that's what loves all about, go ahead-."

He stops singing and playing as he starts to sob.

I watch as he throws the guitar to the fall and it lands with a loud bang making me jump.

I watch as he grips his hair and mutters some words to himself that I can't hear.

I watch as he doesn't stop crying, instead seeming to cry harder.

And I watch until I can't anymore.

I stand up and walk over to him. I grab his arm and pull him up.

He jumps at my touch and looks down at me as I grab his hand and lead him out of the studio.

I turn the light off and close the door behind us. I walk him to his room and open the door for him. He steps inside and collapses on his bed, almost drunkenly.

He whimpers and shoves his head into his pillow.

I frown at him and ruffle his hair, trying to help him fall asleep.

"I miss Michael." He says before going silent and his breathe evens out.

I sigh, sadly and climb into bed with him. He turns into his side, facing away from me. I lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. And I know, that I'm not going back to bed tonight.
___________________________________
I walk through the doors of school, blinking my eyes rapidly so I don't fall asleep right here.