Chapter 6: What Even Is A Malum?

Fuck. My head hurts.

Like really bad.

I groan as I try to move over to my side. Something stops me from doing so, as a hand places on my left arm.

"Tiffany, stop moving." A voice that sounds a lot like Luke says.

I do as he says and I force my eyes open, which is harder than it should be.

I blink rapidly and look from left to right.

I feel a hand on my hair, brushing it away from my face.

"Tiffany? Are you okay?" A gentle voice asks.

I look up at Luke and he stares down at me with concern. "What happened?" I ask looking down at the needles poking into my arm.

"You got into a car accident with Michael." Luke says. My eyes widen and I jump up, but Luke makes me lay back down.

"Is he okay?" I ask desperately.

Luke nods. "He's fine, just a couple of cuts on his face, arms, and legs."

"How deep?" I ask.

"There will be a scar on Michael's face that his arm will hide but it's pretty big." Luke says answering the question that I didn't say.

"How long have I been here?"

"You've been in a coma for 25 days." Luke says.

My face falls. I missed 25 days of my life.

"Is Mikey awake?"

"Yes, he hasn't gotten discharged yet, so he can't come in and see you but you should get discharged soon, so you can see him after that." Luke says.

"I'm going to tell the boys that you are awake."

Luke walks out of the room. I sit up in my bed, ignoring the pain in my head, and lean back against the bed board.

I sigh and close my eyes, before the door reopens.

I snap my eyes open and Dylan stares back at me. He rushes over to me and grabs my hand.

"Hey." He says softly, smiling slightly.

"Hey." I say back, also smiling slightly.

"You okay?" He asks sitting down beside me.

I nod, swallowing hard. "I'm fine." Dylan lays his down next to me, his shoulder pushing into mine.

I shift over to give him more room, making sure he doesn't lay down on the needles coming out my arm and connecting to the machine.

I stare at the ceiling and I assume he's doing the same.

"Were you scared?" He asks.

"Yeah." I breathe out. "I was more scared for Mikey. He's the one who got the worse of it."

"Yeah, but he's ok. Expect for the scars and stuff." Dylan says.

I nod. "Yeah."

We fall silent, the only sound is the rapid pace of our breathes.

God, I hope Mikey is okay.
___________________________________
My leg bounces up and down as I wait to be able to go into Mikey's room.

I got discharged three days ago, but then Mikey's health fell and his doctor wasn't allowing visitors.

"Tiffany, come on." Calum says stepping out of his room.