Chapter 9: We're Both Extremely Hot

I don't like her.

I stare at her as she steps back into the kitchen to get cereal.

"I don't like her." I say out loud.

Luke sighs. "She's a publicity stunt." He says.

I sigh in relief. "Oh thank god."

Luke continues to rustle through the pile of papers on the coffee table.

"Just to get more attention for the band." He says, pulling a paper out and starting to read it.

"Even through half the fandom hates her." Calum says as he walks out from the game room.

"That's not really my fault." She says stepping into the room.

"You told them to go die."

"Well can you blame me?" She asks Calum, placing a hand on her hip.

"It's hard to keep a cheery expression when they are hating on me."

She tosses her hair behind her shoulder.

"Oh it's you." Ashton says coming down from the stairs.

Arzaylea rolls her eyes.

Ashton sits next to me and ruffles my hair. I glare at him and straighten my hair again.

"You didn't tell me you were adopting a child." Arzaylea says to Luke.

He shrugs. "She's actually Ashton's kid."

"Same thing."

"Am I suppose to act like a mother to her?"

Luke sighs again. "That's the plan."

I make a face and look over to Ashton. He shrugs his shoulders.

"And what about my own kid?" She asks, staring at him.

He sighs for the third time. "I don't know, Arzaylea. I can't figure out everything for you." He says, stilling ruffling through the stack of papers.

She frowns and cross her arms. "This is ridiculous, it's been a year, I should be free."

"I know."

"Then why aren't I?"

Luke finally sets the papers done and looks up at her. "There's been some problems with the paperwork. I'm trying to help you but I can't when your talking my ear off."

"I have to pick up my kid from daycare." She says, getting her keys out of her bag.

"I'll have a ride sent for him." He says starting to go through papers again.

"I want to pick him up for myself." Arzaylea argues.

"You knew what you were getting into when you signed the contract, this shouldn't be news to you. We can't have you going out and picking up strange children."

"He's not a strange child! He's my kid!" Arzaylea exclaims.

"Not to everyone else. Look once I get this sorted out, you can pick up your kid anytime you want. But for right now, you need to stay put."